Sr SW Engineer, UI Dev
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
At Visa University, our mission is to create the future for learning at Visa. The Senior Software Engineer will be instrumental in making our vision a reality. This means you will learn something new every day, meet someone new often, and become a rock star in learning technology as you help deliver against our clear vision of offering learning opportunities to anyone, anywhere. This is an individual contributor role within Learning Enablement Technology, Corporate IT in Bangalore, India.
We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our applications and products. We value curiosity, accountability, and collaboration and look for proven skills over big egos. Our team excels in working together and recognizing individual strengths, and values each contributor as a key factor in successfully delivering a project. If you understand "Yes, and" over "No" this is the team for you.
In this role, you will participate in design, development, and technology delivery projects with many leadership opportunities. There will be significant collaboration with business partners, multiple Visa IT teams and third-party vendors. The portfolio includes custom developed web applications like Visa Business School, SaaS and hosted packaged applications, as well as multiple content providers such as Degreed, Cornerstone, Watershed, Udemy, LinkedInLearning, Safari and, many others.
The ideal candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to evolve our learning platforms, be able to easily understand business goals/requirements and be forward thinking to identify opportunities that may be effectively resolved with technology solutions.
To learn more about our Corporate IT Organization, visit: careers.smartrecruiters.com/visa/cit
- As a Senior SW Engineer, you will become a trusted solution provider for Learning Enablement Technology team. You will work on interactive web application user interfaces to deliver innovative payment learning solutions.
- The role will be primarily focused on delivering for next generation of Visa Business School.
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML Prototypes.
- Knowledge of Web Standards and Accessibility Best Practices.
- Ability to analyze written requirements and visually conceptualize the user interface and application flows required.
- Build engaging, usable, and accessible UI components/prototypes/code libraries for web.
- Work with diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles.
- Keep up to date on the latest trends in web engineering and introduces them into projects when appropriate.
- Evangelizing UI/UX front-end best practices and Accessibility for web.
- Design and build proof-of-concepts on next generation UI applications.
- Provide support for multiple applications.
- Build lasting, scalable and secure solutions, which deliver a delightful user experience, are resilient, and promote learning.
- Partner with IT groups such as Engineering, Network, Security, and Infrastructure on project delivery activities.
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels.
- 4+ years of work experience with Bachelors in Technology/Engineering(B.E/B.Tech)
- Ability to present complex information in clear and concise manner, communicate effectively and build relations with key stakeholders.
- Proven expertise in:
- HTML/ CSS/ XML
- Experience with building applications with security and quality at the forefront.
- Strong understand of software development life cycle.
- Experience with UI/UX development across different mediums like mobile and tablet devices.
- Experience with one server-side web application framework and language like C#/ASP.Net, JS/NodeJS, etc.
- Understanding of project management methodologies including waterfall and agile (we are mostly using agile development).
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work <10% of the time
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours with occasional availability outside standard business hours to support global teams as needed.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms
Learn more about our Corporate IT organization at: vi.sa/Corp_IT_careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.