Senior Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Digital Developer Platform (DDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants and developers. This is an exciting time to build a new product with $1.2T market opportunity and an excellent opportunity to build a world-class product with high performance and high throughput.
As a Senior Software Engineer within DDP you will form an integral role in the development, test, and deployment of complex solutions that process millions of transactions per day worldwide. We are looking for experienced stars who understand the challenges in the development and test cycles and are passionate about solving some of these challenges systematically and efficiently.
- Be a senior member of a highly skilled team seeking systematic approaches to improve engineering productivity, efficiency, effectiveness, and quality.
- Pioneer innovative solutions to eliminate or reduce pain points and frictions throughout the entire SDLC.
- Design effective systematic engineering and test approaches. Lead root cause analysis and produce long term strategic solution and short term tactical solution.
- Implement best-fit automation framework
- Write utilities / automation tools using various technologies
- Strong in Mainframe languages including COBOL, CICS, TSO ISPF, JCL, REXX, DB2 etc
- Maintain online and batch application programs
- Review, analyze, test, debug and install mainframe system
- Ability to assist in system refreshes for new code, configs install, and post outages.
- Should be able to support in troubleshooting mainframe systems
- Hands-on experience in automating mainframe systems
- Capable of performing complex transaction processing systems and performing the payment authorization.
- 6 - 9 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of work experience with Masters Degree
- 4+ years relevant work experience or an equivalent mix of work and project experience in software development or software development in test.
- Experience in large-scale projects
- Inquisitive, methodical, and analytical in testing applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment
- Experience in a global matrix organization
- Ability to quickly understand code and specifications
- Proficient in Mainframe programming, Java, and Web application programming
- Solid knowledge of Databases like Hadoop, Oracle, SQL, and Search Engine Concept
- Deep knowledge of web services standards and related technologies (XML, SOAP, REST)
- Solid understanding of various Computer Science concepts, such as Automata Theory, Operating Systems, Compilers, Network Programming, Data Structure and Algorithm
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.