Sr. Software Engineer - Full Stack Development
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for a talented and versatile Sr. Software Engineer, who will help build Open VisaNet, Visa's Next generation payment processing platform developed on Open Systems, that would fuel growth in electronic payments globally and drive financial inclusion in many parts of the world. Senior Engineers with strong full stack development skills with Golang/Java and Angular are preferred.
Selected candidate will be leading one of the most talented team of software engineers in Visa building its core payment engine and application delivery platforms. You will also have an opportunity to make a large impact across Visa as we re-architect its core payment platform. We build and support a variety of technologies that span multiple continents, deploying code dozens of times each day.
- Develop User interfaces for Modern Rich Internet Applications with the latest technologies
- Design, implement and develop world-class software for Cloud components. Marshall “industry coding standards”, design patterns and practices within Visa
- Build efficient front-end systems that drive complex web applications, and write clean, fast, compatible, easy-to-use, automated-testable Angular code to realize our ideas.
- Stay up to date on the latest and best coding strategies.
- Mentor colleagues and junior-level talent on best practices and methodologies.
- Make complex technical and design decisions for Angular projects.
- Build tools to improve operational efficiency of cloud infrastructure in all areas of Infrastructure Automation i.e. Deployment, Scaling, Availability, Upgrade, Maintenance, Security and Governance
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Evaluate “Proof of Concepts” based on Long Term Architecture and pilot new tools & technologies.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a small team of developers on various work streams and guide them on development tasks, perform code reviews and ensure design and coding are adhering to architectural standards.
Strong software product development background with a passion for building cloud based applications with high levels of reliability, availability and security
- Very good understanding of Enterprise Application Lifecycle Management needs.
- Significant experience building enterprise class applications using Java/J2EE technologies and/or Golang.
- Experience building Enterprise Restful web services
- Good Understanding and experience on HTML,CSS, Bootstarap
- Good Understanding of Mysql, NoSQL Databases.
- Experience with distributed computing, microservices and high volume transaction processing is a plus
- Experience with service orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Nomad etc. is a plus
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notification
- Strong understanding of architecture patterns and operational characteristics of highly available and scalable applications.
- Excellent knowledge of core engineering best practices and passion to implement these across teams.
- Experience with open source tools and modules for testing, integration & deployment
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Understanding of Infrastructure components like Systems, Virtual Machines, Database, Middleware, Storage etc.
- Experience of having performed a migration and integration involving different infrastructure components will be a definite advantage.
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate the logic and implementation plan to team members & managers.
- Bachelor Degree with minimum 3+ years of experience in Software Development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.