Technical Program Manager & Scrum Master
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Merchant & Acquirer Processing (MAPPD) is a globally-distributed division of 1000 team members within Visa’s Technology & Operations organization. We are the innovation engine behind the merchant solutions platforms, CyberSource and Authorize.Net.
The Program Manager is responsible for ensuring that MAPPD’s programs and projects are planned, managed, and governed in a consistent, transparent, and disciplined manner. The position requires an experienced program management professional with the right mix of relevant experience and skills, an ability to flex between the strategic and the tactical, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of energy and flexibility to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented product development environment. S(he) will be a program management leader who embodies Visa’s leadership principles of leading by example, communicating openly, enabling and inspiring others, exceling with partners, acting decisively, and collaborating effectively.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be accountable for the end-to-end planning and execution of one or more projects and/or Agile teams
- Ask thoughtful questions to help our customers, product owners, and product managers to maximize ROI and meet company objectives.
- Understand product strategy and benefits of key deliverables in his/her area of responsibility
- Work with product owner to promote and contribute to the improvement of the product backlog
- Facilitate sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews/demos, retrospectives, and other scrum ceremonies
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Coach the team in estimation techniques
- Track and remove impediments for the team
- Set goals and develop metrics and reports using Rally to help the team understand its health and progress
- Coach team members to understand Scrum and the Agile Principles
- Ensure clear communication and collaboration among the Product Owner and members of the Development organization
- Identify business analysis deliverables for projects and manage their execution
- Manage the communication of new services, tracking effectiveness, and leveraging multiple channels for an effective message.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Drive and challenge technology owners on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Liaise between the business units, technology teams and support teams to ensure clear communications among stakeholders
- Participate in solution reviews to assess user experience to identify usability impacts and recommend solutions or processes to mitigate impacts
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in two or more technical areas to be able to develop and manage communications and interactions with end users
Be a change agent, ensuring users embrace new and innovative technology
- 8-12 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters in Engineering).
- Muse have prior experience working as a Software Development Engineer or Test Automation Engineer for 4-5 years and grown in to Program Manager role.
- Deep knowledge of Agile framework (User Stories, Continuous Integration,
TDD, Continuous Delivery, Pairing, Automated Testing)
- Good prioritization, negotiation and communication skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with light supervision
- Proficient in at least one agile project management tool: Rally, Jira,
Version One, etc.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.