Sr. SW Test Engineer
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Network Processing Risk System Development team is looking for a Sr. SW Engineer responsible for application development, testing, support and monitoring. Risk team works on a suite of applications to predict the risk associated with authorization transactions passing through the Visa network. The applications have been designed to be highly available, with superlative performance and reliability. System components have been designed with industry standard programming languages such as Java, C++, and .Net. In-memory caching technologies are used to achieve low-latency to meet near-real time data processing requirements. Hadoop is utilized for big data analytics and processing. The candidate would be responsible for working collaboratively with other team members and cross-functional teams to support the Risk applications 24X7.
- Design and develop test plans and functional test cases from business requirements and conceptual documents with a focus on coverage, performance and automation.
- Collaborate with the Development, Product and System Architecture teams to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues.
- Work with a team of Engineers for the development and support of Network Processing Risk Applications
- Provide 24X7 support to all NP Risk suite of applications in the production environment. Work with cross-functional teams to ensure minimum to no disruption to the risk services.
- Diagnose and resolve problems in production to meet all service level agreements (SLAs)
- Designing and implementing test automation solutions.
- Enhance, maintain existing automation test tools based on Java, C++, .NET, Python as applicable.
- Investigate bugs using various available tools and logs.
- Support production deployment activities and global business enhancement releases.
- Establish and maintain structured testing methodology, especially around automation.
- Champion security – work with cybersecurity to ensure all security vulnerabilities are remediated within Required Resolution Date
- Respond to inquiries from users and technical support regarding functions and operations of software
- Identify process improvements, error trends and/or the root causes and make recommendations for remedies to colleagues and management.
- Support cross-functional teams in integrated test efforts.
- Support emergency test activities for code patch addressing production issues.
- Report project status and issues to Project Managers and Management.
- Implement standard processes, tools, and metrics to deliver large-scale projects from inception to conclusion that meet quantifiable business objectives.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Participate in defining and communicating best practices.
- Ideal candidate wants to help build a test automation practice and make a difference.
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Experience in developing and supporting mission critical applications
- Well versed with all stages of software development lifecycle phases
- Experience in design and implementation using Java or C++ programming language
- Experience in scripting languages including Unix Shell Scripting
- Familiarity of database concepts with some experience in MySql and/or MSSQL is required
- Experience with MQ, Kafka, NoSQL and in-memory caching technologies is definitely a plus
- Experience with spring framework, Angular and UI tools like NGX Admin would be an added advantage.
- Experience with build, regression and defect tracking tools e.g. Git, Maven, JIRA, and Jenkins.
- Should have a flexible attitude and be ready to work with multiple time zones.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and attention to detail skills
- Strong ability to collaborate, great team player, highly driven and resourceful
- Strong programming and SW design skills in C#, Python.
- Experience in REST API development and testing.
- Experienced in industry best practices in SW development processes: Unit testing, OO design, code reviews etc. Understanding of reusable coding techniques.
- Experienced in Ruby, Cucumber.
- Experienced in Jira and Jenkins for tracking.
- Knowledge of ISO 8583 and XML messaging.
- Comprehensive knowledge of payment industry preferred.
- Knowledge of web technologies such as JSON, SOAP, XML, HTML, and CSS.
- Knowledge of SOAP/UI and Groovy scripting will be a plus.
- Good understanding of Quality Assurance processes and methodologies.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Proven understanding of white box and black box testing techniques .
- Strong experience in designing and developing Automation framework for Functional, Load, Regression and Performance Testing.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong ability in root cause analysis of issues, resolving testing issues, and driving issues to closure.
- Must be a self-starter who is highly organized, hands-on, and a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a globally distributed team in a high performance organization.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and maintain focus.
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment.
- Implementing solutions using Jenkins or some other CI tool.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during and beyond core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law