Analyst, Pricing Strategy - CyberSource
- Austin, TX
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The pricing strategy analyst will be a key member of the team that will develop and scale global pricing strategies to capitalize on Cybersource market opportunities and business objectives. We are looking for someone who is inquisitive, driven, and enjoys solving complex business problems using his/her strong analytical skills.
The analyst will be involved in multiple initiatives that will be instrumental in transforming how Cybersource price and package. Examples of some of the activities are conducting competitor analysis, partnering with product to identify and quantify product’s value proposition, creating and managing pricing curves and KPIs, and creating pricing tools/models that will be used throughout the organization to assess proper pricing targets and impacts, including customer-facing teams.
This is a highly analytical role that requires consideration of multiple data sources and the ability to synthesize input to create logical and market competitive outcomes. This role reports to the VP- Pricing Strategy.
- Assist in creating value based pricing for the entire suite of Cybersource products.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to recommend packaging strategies by market and client segments.
- Model financial implications of pricing recommendations to drive pricing and packaging decisions for new products and price changes
- Engage and support sales and customer success teams on pricing tests
- Partner with tech partners to track and optimize partner referral commission structure
- Collaborate with marketing on value messaging and programs
- Maintain price curves and report on trends, risks and opportunities through data analytics, insights, and competitive intelligence
- Maintain a win/loss pricing database to compile all pricing insights in a single repository to inform future pricing decisions.
- Experience working in a global matrix organization with the ability to navigate complex structures and empower decision-making locally
- Experience supporting a B2B selling environment
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Prior management consulting, investment banking, pricing strategy, or corporate strategy experience is a huge plus
- Strong problem solving and time management skills
- Proficiency with MS Excel and experience with BI tools such as Tableau
- Experience supporting cross-functional initiatives and facilitating collaboration across Product, Sales, Marketing, and Strategy organizations
- Pragmatic mindset with intense focus on execution against client needs, articulation of value proposition and concrete market facing focus
- Financial acumen—ability to utilize sophisticated financial analyses to evaluate business opportunities and make strategic choices
- Must be results-oriented, and able to handle multiple urgent tasks and effectively deal with ambiguity
- Very comfortable receiving and giving feedback in a constructive manner
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time both domestically and internationally.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.