Senior Business Development Manager Fintech & Non-traditional FI (m/f/div.)
- Berlin, Germany
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Business Development Manager Fintech & Non-traditional FI, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
This role is responsible for driving account strategies to increase revenues from existing accounts and win new accounts in Central Europe. This role will lead key accounts for assigned clients and will be responsible for actively developing and managing the relationship with Visa Europe clients to establish, promote and secure use of Visa Europe products and services.
This role will be responsible for driving sales and development across the business in our European markets by building deep partnerships with our clients, opening up access and offering creative solutions with a strong focus on the fast-growing Fintech segment as well as other non-traditional segments.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Strategically manage key clients in an innovative and fast-growing environment.
- Execute short and long-term strategic plans for clients. Ensure that such plans adhere to Visa mission statement of increasing clients’ profitability, strengthening the partnership within them, and also being in agreement with Visa’s overall strategy.
- Proactively develop and manage a product portfolio, ensuring clients are provided appropriate support from Visa Europe. Responsible for increasing the Visa products total penetration percentage of the client’s portfolio.
- Strategically align client’s products and capabilities with market needs.
- Manages the annual business/account plan for the assigned account and leads Quarterly Business and Product Reviews.
- Works closely with the assigned clients, regularly liaising with multiple key stakeholders and ensuring an ongoing quality relationship is maintained on all levels.
- Identify new business opportunities for Visa offering of Visa Products and solutions for assigned clients
- Leads and drives sales activities (e.g. RfPs) with Fintechs and Non-traditional FIs.
- Build long-term sales pipeline.
- Provides direction and guidance to less experienced team members by sharing expertise and specialist knowledge.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of all Visa Europe products and services, with expert knowledge in certain areas. Expected to understand the impact of their specialty area on assigned client´s business.
- Engages strongly with colleagues across Visa Europe, ensuring teams such as product, marketing and consulting are appropriately involved and informed about their member issues.
- May lead forums on specialist areas.
- Focus on clients and stakeholders.
- Analytical and strategic management skills.
- Highly motivated and self-driven.
- Ability to build up networks and relationships on all levels.
- Previous sales and account management experience.
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of the Fintech & Payments industry.
- Commercial understanding, the ability to identify opportunities and propose solutions.
- Broad knowledge about Visa Europe and its products, services and markets.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels within own member business.
- Proven influencing, selling and negotiation skills.
- Fluent English.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.