Senior Business Process Improvement Analyst
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Business Process Improvement Analyst position is within the Employee Experience Lifecycle Team of Corporate IT, a function that champions the technology needs of Visa staff.
This team works with technology and business partners to provide a center of excellence within the organization to drive efficiency, effectiveness and an exceptional user experience.
We are passionate about empowering our business user and supporting their success. We are looking for equally passionate people to lead a continuing journey of delivering world class technology, processes, services, support, and experience to our colleagues.
Reporting to the Operational Excellence & Execution Director, this role will work with diverse teams across technology and business to identify and implement process efficiencies, while contributing to efficient and successful product delivery by driving process automation, improvement, and standardization across all functional areas and across all project lifecycle stages from inception to end-of-life.
This position requires extensive experience analyzing and creating process flows within the context of cross-functional programs, focusing specifically on process support and analysis for software development and platform integration initiatives. Will also possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills necessary to influence teams to deliver in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
In addition, this role requires demonstrated experience with process analysis, process design, process flow documentation, and process improvement. As the Senior Business Process Improvement Analyst, you will actively lead continuous improvement projects (Black Belt, Green Belt, Kaizens) through the use of Lean and process improvement methodologies.
We are seeking a Senior Business Process Improvement Analyst who has a mind for creating metrics, can lead critical continuous process improvement efforts, and brings an internal consulting approach to their work, with the ultimate goal of improving both operating and financial performance.
- Drive process improvement and automation through cross-functional collaboration across all phases of the project lifecycle including all activities necessary to conceive, qualify, plan and launch a new process or solution.
- Cultivate trusted advisor relationships across the organization including technology, finance, human resources, risk, legal, sales, marketing, and operations through demonstrated expertise and action-based leadership.
- Prepare and deliver status updates and presentations to internal stakeholders and executive leadership team.
- Conduct interviews and facilitate workshops with business stakeholders to validate requirements and proposed changes to business process.
- Develop process improvement procedures and monitoring and reporting on process performance and adoption across the organization.
- Analyze current process standards and metrics in order to provide solutions for improvements, updating and maintaining documentation on process improvements and performance.
- Perform data gathering, root cause analysis, and performance trending in order to develop appropriate process control changes.
- Analyze and document dependencies between new and existing processes and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Serve as a change agent for transitioning business stakeholders to new ways of working.
- Provide education and training on changes, updates, and improvements for guidelines, processes, and procedures to stakeholders and management.
- Help with mentoring other team members (will not have any direct reports).
- Identify potential roadblocks/obstacles and escalate issues as needed.
- Serves as a catalyst for continuous business process improvement.
- 8 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 6 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of work experience with a PhD degree.
- Demonstrated business process improvement experience with formal Lean/Six Sigma certification.
- Proven ability to accurately produce detailed process flow designs, document key metrics, and produce supporting cost/benefit analysis.
- Ability to understand and work with technical concepts and creatively apply these concepts to process innovation and business efficiency.
- Strong stakeholder management, analytical, interviewing, project management, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong team-player with proven ability to effectively work with and influence various business functions within an organization.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, Visio, Power Point and Excel as well as process mapping and analysis tools.
- The ideal candidate will have an MBA and 6+ years experience at a management consulting firm, in an internal consulting or process re-engineering role or 8+ years of experience in lieu of an MBA.
- Experience in developing and implementing process improvement procedures and in applying statistical analysis to research and recommendations.
- Data analytics and reporting experience.
- Problem solving skills - Superior ability to structure and scope complex problems, apply a range of analytical tools, gain and synthesize insights and develop solutions.
- Client management skills - Advanced ability to closely partner with senior leaders and other stakeholders on projects.
- Project management skills - Proven ability to frame projects and establish required governance to move projects forward.
- Communication skills - Strong written and oral executive-level communications skills.
- Experience with financial analytics, modeling, and reporting.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work <5% of the time.
- The incumbent will be required to work during core business hours
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.