Software Asset Management Analyst
- Denver, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a member or the End User Operations organization, the IT Asset Management Analyst is part of the team responsible for the lifecycle of user assets needed by our 22,000 + global end users. In addition, this person is in position to execute effective and efficient procurement and asset services, ensuing values and competencies in maintaining transparency, integrity, and compliance. The Asset Management Analyst derives meaningful operational metrics which align to OLA/SLA's across the function, and manages continuous improvements with regards to accurate and appropriate inventory across the enterprise.
Reporting to Visa's Manager of IT Asset Management, this role’s primary focus is with Software Asset Management (SAM). This includes software license procurement, planning, monitoring, recording entitlements and reporting of software license positions to ensure compliance with vendor contracts and the optimization of those assets throughout their lifecycle. As a business office function, this role has significant impact on the day-to-day success of the overall transformational journey of Corporate IT. The Asset Management Analyst works with internal customers and peers to ensure data accuracy and lifecycle management of software assets. As needed, they support the delivery of financial and logistical acquisition of End User software. She/He works with peers to derive TCO improvements through operational efficiencies as well as vendor management activities. This individual will also provide technological guidance in the development of both internal and external processes and tools for software asset and license management.
Areas of experience include data analysis around effective license positioning, packaging and publishing software, identifying cost optimization and generating compliance reporting.
- Manage and maintain inventory database of software assets
- Working knowledge of reconciling software licensing and software maintenance terms and conditions between procured rights and quantities to ensure licensing compliancy of deployed software assets
- Facilitate the business’ needs for ongoing technical support and upgrade protection on selected products by ensuring that maintenance, support and upgrade protection renewals are managed/handled/ordered in advance of their expiration.
- Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services.
- Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in software licensed products, license programs, and software asset policies
- Monitor, maintain and enforce licensing and asset standards, policies and procedures
- Manage software intake queue on newly requested software, and work with Cybersecurity, Technology Governance and Legal on approvals assuring that the software will be safe to install
- Respond to requests from end user and educate our colleagues on the software ordering process, and advise on software solutions
- Ensuring timely delivery of goods, works and services using the team’s procurement procedures.
Controls and Reporting
- Generate licensing and asset data reports as required
- Contribute in software audits with data gathering and license position reporting
- Review vendor invoices and confirm receipt and installation of software
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities, financial rules and regulations, relevant organizational directives and administrative instructions.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with standard reporting requirements and audits.
- Ensure effective lines of communication between stakeholders, primarily those whom are within the EUO department, but also between Finance, Procurement and other cost center owners
- Manage relationships with vendors, suppliers and contractors to facilitate smooth flow of services
- Advise stakeholders on license requirements and proper consumption of the assets within the organization.
- Maintain and ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures, control of workflows, continuous business processes monitoring and delivery of improvements as it pertains to software compliance.
- Recommend continuous improvements to team, organization and business partners to drive measurable improved performance
- Participate in various Asset Management projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 2 or more year of work experience
- Knowledge of the Asset Management software lifecycle
- Experience with SAM inventory management systems
- Knowledge of procurement principles
- 5+ years of experience in the Information Technology field
- Knowledge of IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools principles
- Experience configuring and managing IT service management tools like Flexera FMS, ServiceNow or Eracent ITMC
- Demonstrates effective use of Microsoft Office 365 Products
- Knowledge of Software Licensing Models (Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Adobe, etc.)
- Ability to execute at the detail level while maintaining a strategic alignment with the practice
- Identifying and solving process gaps
- Ability to speak up when something does not make sense and creating a plan to fix, streamline, and automate
- Strong and effective team player with demonstrated ability to communicate in a virtual and Global team environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Builds strong relationships with team members and stakeholders
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail, interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with internal and external parties
- Effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- ITIL certification a plus
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work <5% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.