Sr. Software Engineer - Visa Digital Developer Platform (DDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be part of Digital & Developer Platform organization to help design, develop, and build and authoritative stack of business to consumer identity and access management (B2C IAM) platform to enable Visa’s digital products which lead and transform global payment landscape. In this position, you are first and foremost a self-motivated developer who can work effectively a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. You will work with a group of highly talented engineers who will support and challenge you daily. We believe in self managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on engineering best practices such as test automation, clean code, code reviews and continuous integration.
- Design, implement, test and provide production rollout support for software features.
- Contribute to enhancements, refactor and hardening to existing codebase
- Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/JEE best practices.
- Share the team responsibility to handle support requests.
- Collaborate with architects, peer engineering teams, automation engineers, RE/RM and Operation staff on individual and team deliverables
- Conduct code reviews, as requested, to comply with coding standards
- Build working relationships with global and virtual teams on software development
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, object oriented design and programming
- Mastery in Java programming language
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to respond resourcefully to new priorities and challenges.
- Good interpersonal skills and effective communication skills
- Strong curiosity with ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives
- Self-motivated and drive for excellence
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.