Linux Systems Administrator
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Global Endpoint Operations manage the Endpoint Systems that connect the Visa’s Client globally to all Core Systems and services at Visa Data Centers. The team is responsible for all technical support, Change Execution, Problem and Incident management. The administrator is responsible to ensure high availability and drive better systems monitoring and performance investigations. This includes working in partnership with other O&I teams as well as working with clients endpoints, vendors and development teams to continuously drive higher availability and reduction of service impacts.
- Provide technical advice and support to Visa’s Client institutions and processors to ensure customers expectation are exceeded.
- Discipline in detailed documentation and reporting of issues and changes. Timely and accurate updating and maintaining Global Inventory records.
- Create and test implementation Linux scripts for vendor’s field engineers and support team for installation and activation
- Perform remote system Installation with on-site vendor engineer support, configuration and lockdown of Visa Endpoint servers.
- Proactively work with Global Support groups and/or client or vendors to provide flexible and nimble solution for client issues and resolve system problems quickly
- Timely escalation of critical situations and any likely project risk that can impact project delivery scheduled to Manager and 3rd Level support team
- Ensure that all server deployments follow Visa security guidelines and report any non-compliance.
- Able to communicate and work cordially in global team with teammate from different culture and in time zone.
- Work closely with both IMAC and Project team to ensure best-in-class delivery of solutions and support to Visa client.
- Ensure all incidents and changes are in compliance to ITIL and operation policy
- Ensure that all servers going into productions are locked down and meet operational acceptance criteria
- Be able to problem diagnose, quickly and efficiently by running and review application and network traces
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
Linux background required
- Red Hat Certification System Administrator / Engineer
- ITIL Practitioner
- Shell Scripting
- Understand XML, JSON and XSLT
- Encryption Security Technology like TLS and IPSEC
- 3 Year Working Experience in IT Operations and Project Delivery
- Ability to effectively perform problem isolation and resolution of critical systems in order to have the least amount of impact and downtime
- Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
- Must exercise a reasonable amount of independent judgment under minimum supervision
- Ability to assess and analyze technical situations and provide viable alternatives
- Ability to write and speak in a second language Japanese or Spanish will be an advantage
- Meticulous and experience in supporting critical system
- A keen interest to learn new skills and technology through online resource.
- Project Coordination Experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
· This position requires the incumbent to work a 12 hour rotating shift. 8 am - 8 pm
· This position requires the incumbent to be available during non-core business hours
· This position requires the incumbent to be flexible and adjust working hours as needed for the business.
· This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% to 5% of the time based on business needs.
· This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.