Product Manager - Payment Terminals (m/f/d)
- Munich, Germany
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
You will become a member of the Customer Present Unit of Cybersource, leading the product management for one of our acceptance devices product teams. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to implement a comprehensive feature set on a range of terminals. These will be part of our services going live with some of the biggest acquirers in the U.S. and EU. Together with your product development team and fellow product owners, you will define, build, launch, and support integrated payment solutions for our clients
- Lead a scrum team as product owner to launch the first device with top tier clients in the US.
- Develop payment functionalities for the retail and hospital spaces and launch together with top acquirers in Europe.
- Develop the roadmap for a future proof terminal fleet.
- Prioritize requirements from multiple customers
- Evaluate product development progress
- Maintain roadmap and keep stakeholders up to date re progress and changes in plans
- Responsible for documentation and training for customer support
7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
Product Management Domain:
- You have led Scrum teams as Product Owner to develop and launch products and features
- You have shipped product and/or features (preferably in the payments space)
- You have an established track record of building relationships and communicating with stakeholders at various levels
Payment Industry Domain:
- You have an intimate understanding of merchant and acquirer needs
- You have experience with acceptance devices (Verifone, Ingenico or similar)
- You are familiar with the integrated payment space, e.g., the needs of developers of Point of Sales systems
- You have a first-hand understanding payment features for the retail and hospitality space
- You understand and challenge technical payment specifications
- 40 hours/week
Diversity & Inclusion:
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.