Product Operations Manager - Visa Direct
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Product Operations Manager will be a part of the Global Visa Direct Ecosystem Readiness team and manage the client onboarding experience for strategic client launches. Since Visa Direct is a fairly new payment product, the product team has developed an onboarding framework in order to provide for a friction free client experience.
This role will support the following key work streams of the onboarding framework -
Launch Planning and Operations
o Own and manage the front door process which includes program requests, communications and reporting
o Monitor group mailbox for new program intake submissions
o Review program solution construct and engage stakeholder teams to kick off readiness activities
o Understand payment flows for new programs in order to identify risks and opportunities in enabling transaction success
o Organize program briefings with cross functional teams as necessary
o Develop weekly reports and executive updates to provide visibility on pipeline of programs to different levels of the organization
o Operationalize target operating model for all programs coming through the onboarding model
o Support ongoing change management activities related to process changes, including training, documentation and communications
o Evaluate available tools to determine how to best integrate/automate workflows to support onboarding processes
o Partner with cross functional teams to develop feasibility assessments that will help identify and assess key opportunity areas prior to program launches
o Act as the SME from Product to support readiness assessments, and analyze data generated by functional partners to form insights
o Package materials into consumable and action-oriented snapshots for internal teams and possibly clients, to level set expectations on program performance
o Effectively communicate analysis and insights to regional product teams
o Engage with cross functional teams to refine processes, challenge the status quo and drive change to support the evolution of the product and its needs
o Back regional product teams where global support is needed (e.g. escalations, data needs, etc.)
o Brainstorm and drive efforts to enhance global tools and processes that support readiness activities by partnering with cross-functional teams, such as Data Sciences etc.
o Leverage SharePoint to own and maintain project artifacts
o Develop presentations and present them in an accurate, and engaging manner
· 5-7 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 3 years of work experience with an advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
· Can problem solve and demonstrate critical thinking - Take prompt, decisive action after analyzing relevant information
· Can-do attitude; must be proactive and solution-oriented, looking for ways to add value and assist the team
· Self-starter who is able to track and meet with multiple teams across the globe
· Good communication skills are critical in this role both written and oral as this role will require extensive collaboration with multiple teams
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task, respond to needs quickly and efficiently and prioritize work with a strong attention to detail
· Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel and savvy with developing presentations for large audiences, building workflows, reports etc.
· Strong collaboration and influence skills to effectively lead cross-functional teams to drive deliverables, projects and engagements to completion
· Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in simple terms
· Excellent judgment in setting priorities and interacting with stakeholders
· Organized and good project management skills·
Analytical mindset; i.e. not being afraid to form hypotheses and manipulate data
Familiarity with tools such as Playbook, Dynamics, SharePoint
Experience working with teams outside the US
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during global business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work ~10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.