Senior Director, Global Product Marketing
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Product Marketing and supporting the SVP of Global Data Products, Security & Identity Solutions, the Senior Director of Product Marketing is a new role at Visa. In this role, you will be responsible for establishing yourself as a value-add member of the product team who influences the product roadmap through research, insights and clear understanding of customer segments and delivers the customer-centric messaging and go-to-market plans that differentiate Visa with Clients, Partners and Consumers around the world. You have deep empathy for our customers, and work with the product designers, product engineers and product managers to understand and advocate for them. You are a strategic thinker and obsessed with evangelizing Visa’s products and solutions.
You will collaborate across our global and regional marketing and communications teams to develop and deliver innovative programs and content that drive demand. Attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, and you will be the biggest advocate for the Visa brand – in everything from product design to communications. You are obsessed with tracking performance, and always have the data to prove what is working and what is not. You are an extension of Visa’s Product Organization, regularly collaborating with product managers, product strategists, engineers and sales; it is a balancing act that requires strong relationship building and influence skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
- You have 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 10 o more years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA).
- Progressive work experience in product marketing, working in a global environment.
- You have 12-15 years experience working in a product marketing function and / or within a marketing strategy and operations practice, in progressive roles
- You are a,strong strategic thinker with a results orientation who approaches any challenge with thoughtfulness, drive, and appropriate urgency
- Audience-focused mindset, with a demonstrated track record of discovering key insights
- You have strong executive presence with highly effective written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present with impact
- You are a great team member who adds energy, ideas and fun to our team and corporate culture
- You have strong planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- You have solid financial and analytical acumen with strong ROI orientation
- You have global sensibilities and an empathetic outlook to work well with other markets and cultures around the world
- You have knowledge on the agile framework and pragmatic marketing model
- Familiarity with the marketing tech stack (sales and marketing automation and measurement tools such as Salesforce, Marketo, Eloqua, AEM and Google Analytics)
- You will lead development of marketing strategies and plans that differentiate our offerings, communicate value to our customers and lead to successful and measurable outcomes
- You will gather market intelligence and be the expert on our key audiences, who are they, how they buy and their biggest issues and opportunities, synthesize the deep insights to develop value propositions and messaging
- You will perform market segmentation and targeting, developing buyer journeys and personas that help the team develop the right products and understand our market opportunity
- You will be a Visa brand advocate, working across Brand, Product, UX/UI and sales teams to develop and integrate prominent Visa branding within the product experience
- You will oversee development of sales enablement and audience educational content to support regional account teams and preferred partners
- You will develop marketing playbooks for our products and solutions that contain positioning, messaging, audience engagement strategies, campaign creative framework, media strategy and finished campaign assets to drive awareness, understanding and demand generation with targeted customers
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
The incumbent may be required to travel up to 10-15% domestically and internationally to other VISA offices.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.