Digital Partnerships and Ventures Lead, Russia
- Moscow, Russia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Digital Partnerships and Ventures organization is responsible for managing Visa’s overall strategic partnerships and ventures agenda and initiatives with critical non-financial institutions. The Director will work with Digital Partners (digital wallets, new age payment devices, technology providers and consumer platforms). These partners have enabled capabilities for consumers and businesses to conduct digital commerce seamlessly.
Digital Partnerships and Ventures Lead, Russia, is responsible for identifying and implementing complex and strategic partnership opportunities with organizations of all sizes within the RUSSIA geography. The role requires an experienced sales and business development professional who can identify potential deals, develop the tactics and manage the teams needed to bring them to fruition. The role will report to the VP, Digital Partnerships Fintech & Ventures CEMEA and will work closely with Visa’s Core Product and Digital Solutions as well as other stakeholders such as Legal, Finance, Marketing, etc. teams to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
§ Segment/Regional Expertise:
- Develop the overall RUSSIA Market strategy, specifically for Digital Partnerships and Ventures initiatives
- Identify strategic opportunities in RUSSIA for Visa capabilities through a strong understanding of the Segment/Region and customer's business needs, leveraging Visa solutions across all product platforms.
- Continuously review RUSSIA landscape, identifying and developing strategic partnerships, venture or acquisition opportunities that will position Visa as the market leader
§ Account Management:
- Develop and execute customized account strategy, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share for select strategic partner accounts in RUSSIA
- Lead the account and relationship management and sales plan for these accounts, ensuring that the client’s business objectives are met
- Working with the innovation team: recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to grow client’s business
- Align the cross-functional teams on key proposals including representation from Legal, Marketing, Product, Operations, Market Research and Technology.
- Lead the development, negotiation and signing of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and relationships with strategic partner executives
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure partner implementations are on track and delivering against plan
- Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with partners
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
- Report to and interact with RUSSIA Leadership teams and executives to indicate the status of the partnership progress
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
- Proactively educate the RUSSIA BD organization on market developments and partner opportunities
§ Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 10 years business experience with related sales and management experience in the mobile, software, hardware or technology services industry
- Deep understanding of RUSSIA payment landscape and Business Development proven record in the region.
- Payments or financial services industry experience required
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort and managing deals from negotiation, to closing and through delivery
- Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership
- Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
- Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
- Experience “managing up”, building Executive Level communications and delivering presentations
- Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Executive presence; Strong written and oral communication, including large-group presentations
- Team oriented, collaborative and flexible
- Ability to influence and work within matrixed environment