Head of Products and Solutions, Philippines
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Products and Solutions team is responsible for developing product strategy, providing the thought leadership and long-term design for the growth of existing and new digital credit, debit and prepaid products across the market. This includes Issuer Engagement, Benefits & CVP, Digital Deployment and Digital Solutioning for both Consumer and Commercial Solutions in market.
This team is a critical function tasked with driving the use of Visa credentials and solutions across existing and new clients in the market. In addition, the Products and Solutions team also serve as key influencers of the broader payments strategy in the market that helps drive innovation and growth in the large ecosystem.
What a Head of Products and Solutions does at Visa:
The Head of Products and Solutions, Philippines will lead the Philippines product team, working closely with the Country Manager. The position will have broad interaction with the local team as well as with the Visa Singapore-based executives across a range of functions, including Digital Solutions, Data Solutions, Core Solutions, Marketing and Merchant Sales.
The primary responsibilities of the Head of Products and Solutions, Philippines would include
- Develop, deliver and activate product strategies to grow share and usage of Visa credentials across Consumer and Commercial segments;
- Establish and enhance pipeline of product enhancements, developments and acceleration plans;
- Launch new product initiatives on time, within budget and across multiple clients
- Manage and meet financial and business metric performance for Visa products in the Philippines
- Lead a team of innovative and engaged individuals focused on delivering best in class products to address local customer preference and anticipated needs.
Why this is important to Visa
This role is responsible for driving the growth and expansion of Visa’s solutions in the Philippines – this include direct revenue goals as well as product penetration and ecosystem development goals. The Head of Products and Solutions in a market will act as a key influencer in the country leadership team and act as a key advisor to clients in the market.
Projects you will be a part of:
As Head of Products and Solutions for Philippines, the successful candidate will be working on
- Building and scaling Visa’s solutions set across existing and new customer segments
- Accelerating the growth of Visa Business Solutions with commercial banks in the Philippines
- Introducing, enabling and expanding the use of Visa’s new products and solutions (including new acquisitions) in the market to drive direct and indirect revenue
- Regularly interfacing with key payment ecosystem leaders – including issuers, merchants, regulatory bodies and industry experts
What you will need:
The ideal candidate will be a high achieving leader familiar with a banker/ issuer mindset as well as the digital and payments world, however those with a background in leadership of product & solutions in industries beyond financial services that are leaders in their field could be well suited to this role.
The ideal candidate will bring 12+ years’ experience in the retail bank/consumer cards marketing businesses coupled with at least 8 years’ experience in developing and launching new transactional banking services, debit credit cards, e-payment services and other digital products/services in a financial institution. S/he should be a natural collaborator, with excellent communication skills and strong executive presence. The individual must be disciplined and comfortable with ambiguity, possessing the maturity and capability to interact and influence across multiple levels and organizations internal and external to Visa. Experience leading a global team is desirable, as is an advanced understanding of banking and payment card and e-payments systems and processes.
What you will need:
- Strong understanding of trends and themes in payments and commerce; futurist outlook and passion for technology innovation
- Experience in the retail bank/consumer cards marketing businesses coupled with at least 8 years of experience in developing and launching new transaction banking services, debit credit cards, e-payment services and other digital products/services in a financial institution
- World-class client-facing and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen and management skills
- Degree qualified in business and/or technology. Post graduate qualifications highly desirable. Top tier MBA strongly preferred
What will also help:
- Understanding of Visa business and organization strongly preferred
- Passion for the transformative power of technology for the good of the world
- An impressive record of digital products/services delivered from idea through to commercialization
- Ability to connect the dots between product, design, technology, and strategy to solve complex problems
- Track record for a proven ability to attract, hire and train top talent