Lead Systems Architect - Visa Digital Developer Platform
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As the Lead Systems Architect, you will spearhead the design of a variety of projects in the Visa Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) group. You will be a collaborator who will be depended on by delivery and execution teams to offer technical guidance and solution designs. In this role, you will have the opportunity to introduce new services that enhance existing products or enable new products; recommend and evangelize new technologies that will improve the status quo; offer technical solutions to Visa infrastructure that drives innovation when delivered and perform at a six 9s level.
You will drive technical solutions that has a direct impact on the payment industry. The solutions you design will be large scale, always available, secure, fast, accessible, and globally ready with an impact measured in future years.
Your solutions will be used by millions of people worldwide every minute of the day. As the Lead Systems Architect, you will have the opportunity to bring your creative curiosity and technology experience to work every day and help build platforms and solutions that are consumed across digital platforms to create seamless, fast, reliable and user-friendly experiences.
You will interact with organizational stake holders such as senior executives, senior product managers, and external partners like fortune 100 system integrators, wallet providers, and banks. You will have the opportunity to build technical solutions and influence release roadmaps.
You will be an integral part of the DDP Architecture Team and have the opportunity to build the Long-Term Architecture that delivers on the organizational vision for consistency, quality, developer productivity, security, reusability, and availability across Visa's global infrastructure.
The successful candidate to fill this role will have a strong influence on the consumer and the enterprise banking space with interactions through Web, Mobile and IoT devices.
- Deliver enterprise solution at scale for Digital Products and deliver the next generation of payments.
- Identify appropriate technical solutions and/or products and designs that will best prepare the company to meet present and future business objectives.
- Design the most appropriate solution with well understood tradeoffs that meets the business requirements.
- Propose new solutions to meet the fast-changing payments industry landscape.
- Document the solution designs clearly and with enough details so delivery and execution teams can size the effort.
- Perform proof of concept to evaluate new and emerging technologies, design patterns, and proposed solutions.
- Work with engineering professionals, fellow software architects, and others within Visa to ensure that proposed solutions will scale appropriately and that the implementation will be a cost-effective solution.
- Manage the creation of several artifacts relating to the detail design and use cases that are solved for.
- Collaborate with software engineers and provide technical guidance during the construction phase of a project.
- Continue to learn about the payments industry and the factors impacting the payments industry.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Computer Science or other technology field
- Experience in delivering enterprise-class, mission-critical, commercial, and scalable products, at least 3 years of which were in the role of an architect or a lead developer.
- Must have strong experience in API design and System and Component Design. API standards, API security, API performance, API availability.
- Experience in Security: Web, Mobile and backend (B2C and B2B security – authentication, authorization and encryption)
- Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP(s), REST, JSON, WS*).
- Experience programming in Java.
- Experience working with a variety of Application Servers and Databases such as Tomcat and Oracle. Other technologies such as MongoDB or Cassandra is a plus.
- Experience in Micro Services, Service Mesh, Containers, DevOps is a big plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal). Should be comfortable facilitating multi-team activities.
- Strong leadership skills and comfortable presenting complex ideas to small and large groups in a clear and concise way. Candidate should be confident in their ability to influence and develop relationships with key partners.
- Experience in Mobile Application Development (iOS and Android) is a plus
- Experience in Web Application Development is a plus.
- Experience in user space: user enrollment, user authentication, user authorization, user preferences … etc is a plus.
- Digital wallet experience is a plus.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.