Sr. Director – Risk Americas Insight Delivery Lead - Austin, Miami or Highlands Ranch
- Denver, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
You will be a part of the Risk Analytics & MIS team where we have a simple mission: turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that ensure seamless, secure commerce experiences across Visa’s physical and digital eco-system. Our analytic and data professionals deliver on this mission by implementing data based solutions, analysis and insights targeted at maintaining security, reducing fraud rates and preserving the integrity of the largest payment processing network in the world.
Data analytics is a critical pillar of the Risk organization and, as such, this senior leadership position is an essential component of delivering against the promise and security of the Visa brand. To be successful, you will use strong analytical and leadership skills, contextual business sense and a creative flair to solve real world challenges for Visa and our clients. Your expertise and insights will serve as a beacon to guide business decisions based on data. Directly reports to the Global Head of Risk Analytics & MIS with regular exposure to the Risk executive leadership team.
Other Visa locations are possible such as Miami, Austin or Highlands Ranch, CO.
The Americas Insights Lead is responsible for owning global analytics initiatives which deliver data-driven insights to internal and external stakeholders. This will include both aesthetic and technical assets, as well as regular ad-hoc work, for internal executive stakeholders, issuing banks, acquirers, processors and merchants. The ability to balance a holistic global view with customized regional delivery is crucial to success. Through collaboration with our client facing teams and functional leaders, you will bring data and insights to bear which deliver mutual, tangible value to Visa and our clients by way of improved payment security. You must be exceptional in front of executives and decision makers with the ability to lead and influence strategic initiatives and planning. Leadership talent – strategic, direct, and matrixed – is essential. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the overall Risk analytic strategy for specific global initiatives and various regional priorities, spearheading engagement models, data assets, delivery of insights, and prioritization of analytical roadmap
- Foster a high performing culture that becomes the benchmark for excellence at Visa; mentor and develop more junior team members to ensure we build talent from within
- Compare client performance against industry best practices; inject new perspectives with a shrewd eye toward identifying performance and/or profitability improvement opportunities. Move the organization from interesting to actionable with recommendations that drive lower fraud rates, more seamless commerce and improved experiences for players in our eco-system
- Craft meaningful presentations and insights from complex data with content that clearly presents opportunities in an accurate, understandable and engaging manner; ensure data driven decision making is a priority for clients, colleagues, and other internal stakeholders
- Identify macro business and market trends that guide areas of future analysis
- Translate understanding of Visa’s products and services into client engagement strategies that yield financial and performance benefits
- Serve as a strategic advisor to organizational leadership and peers – inclusive of Risk MIS team, Regional Risk Officers, Functional/Global leaders and the Regional President.
- Mature how our analytic capabilities are integrated into business processes, improving delivery effectiveness
- Cultivate deep cross-functional partnerships, building relationship capital that facilitates the advancement of holistic/strategic initiatives
- Be an expert at getting to the root of a problem, defining business objectives and formalizing data requirements – especially in a fast paced, fluid environment
- Influence tools and capabilities strategy through experience with various data environments, data sources and tools
- Exceptional risk and/or business acumen and technical rigor – be able to seamlessly shift between working with data to conversations with executives
12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree (quantitative field preferred) or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (quantitative or business degree highly desirable)
- 12 – 15 years of progressive success in roles of increasing responsibility
- 10+ years working in analytics, risk, management consulting, strategic operations or insight delivery
- 5+ years of leadership or management experience
- Possess a relentless, client-centric and result-driven mindset coupled with strong problem solving skills and an ability to break down complex problems and propose alternative, new ways of thinking.
- Be a transformative leader with executive presence and experience – inspire others beyond transactional engagement toward partnership excellence, cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization.
- Expertise in delivering data insights, strategic planning and analytic strategy is highly desirable
- Extensive experience in risk, banking or financial services is required. Visa experience or knowledge of the payments industry is highly desirable
- Risk operations or Risk analytics experience or similar quantitative business responsibility for financial or operational performance highly desirable
- High-level understanding of manipulating data from a variety of sources
- Big data experience (Hadoop, Hive, Spark), data visualization experience (Tableau) and/or SQL experience are critical skills – this role is about both doing and delivering
- Strong verbal, written, motivational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Spanish language skills are desirable
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours. May require occasional meetings outside of core business hours to connect with global partners.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 25% of the time (once safe to do so)
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.