Lead Software Engineer
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Lead Software Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Lead SW Engineer will be instrumental in making our vision a reality. This means you will learn something new every day, meet someone new every day and become a rock star in learning technology as you help deliver against our clear vision of offering learning opportunities to anyone, anywhere. This is an individual contributor role within Learning Enablement Technology, Corporate IT in UK. In this role you will participate in design, development and technology delivery projects with many leadership opportunities. There will be significant collaboration with business partners, multiple Visa IT teams and third-party vendors. The portfolio includes custom developed web applications like Visa Business School, SaaS and hosted packaged applications, as well as multiple content providers such as Degreed, Cornerstone, Watershed, Pluralsight, LinkedInLearning, Safari and, many others.
To learn more about our Corporate IT Organization, visit: careers.smartrecruiters.com/visa/cit
The ideal candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to evolve our learning platforms, be able to easily understand business goals/requirements and be forward thinking to identify opportunities that may be effectively resolved with technology solutions. We believe in leading by example, ownership with high standards and being curiously creative. We are looking for an expert in technical solution design, integration and engineering to join the Learning Enablement Technology team and help drive a learning culture across Visa.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- As a Lead SW Engineer, you will become a trusted solution provider for Learning Enablement Technology team. You will lead and manage architectural responsibilities for a variety of projects. In this role, you will introduce new services, technologies, and technical solutions to deliver innovative payment learning solutions.
- The role will be primarily focused on leading the development for next generation of Visa Business School.
- Engage with product managers, design team and users to ensure that the right learning platforms and content providers are available and accessible to Visa employees around the world.
- Build lasting, scalable and secure solutions which deliver a delightful user experience, are resilient, and promote learning.
- Build and own the learning/content layer of our environment, including partnering with 3rd party vendors to leverage APIs, web services, application configuration and support.
- Create conceptual approach which will be used as the basis for sizing and the creation of detailed design artifacts. Create/ maintain detailed design and architecture artifacts.
- Partner with IT groups such as Engineering, Network, Security, and Infrastructure on project delivery activities specific to integration and development like SSO, security testing and remediation, network configurations.
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels.
- Mentor team in following development best practices and improving processes.
Thinking about careers differently...
At Visa, we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you do not have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences, which would transfer well. For this role, the key skills required are:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Extensive relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or senior level experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or mid-level work experience with a PhD.
- Experience working with software for learning & development or human resources operations is strongly preferred.
- Ability to present complex information in clear and concise manner, influence and build relations with key stakeholders.
- Proven advanced expertise in:
- .NET Framework/ Core
- MS SQL
- HTML/ CSS/ XML
- APIs/ Web Services
- Windows/ IIS
- Experience with building applications with security and quality at the forefront.
- Strong understand of software development lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies including waterfall and agile (we are mostly using agile development).
- Strong business sense and you are able to translate business problems to data driven solutions with minimal oversight.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
The incumbent will be required to work during core business hours occasionally supporting other US time zones and international internal customers. Requires availability to meet across multiple time zones occasionally.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 5% of the time
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.