Director – Products & Solutions, South Asia
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
India & South Asia products team is responsible for driving Visa’s growth roadmap in this market. This team comprises of solution architects, digital deployment specialists, product managers and portfolio owners who are actively managing end-to-end product lifecycle in a highly collaborative and matrix environment. The team responsibilities span across consumer credit, debit and prepaid portfolios in addition to driving new solution development and delivery. Product team operates in a highly fast paced environment to deliver on client demands in one of the most dynamic payment markets in the world.
This role will report to the Vice President- Products, India & South Asia, and will drive Visa’s product priorities in the region. Working in close collaboration with Country Head and India/Hub Products team, this role will develop and implement the product strategy for the region.
What a Director – Products, Bangladesh South Asia does at Visa:
This role will lead and manage Visa’s core products (Credit, Debit and Prepaid) strategies, product development, digital acceleration and solutions delivery for South Asia markets - Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan. The incumbent will also manage and meet financial performance indicators including revenue targets, operational expenses etc.
This role will be engaging with leading local financial institutions to develop and implement an executable product roadmap. The incumbent will be responsible for portfolio performance management across Credit, Debit and Prepaid, and recommend measures to accelerate portfolio growth, working with Visa internal stakeholders, client financial institutions and vendors. This role will also be the SPOC for commercial products in-market and will work with INSA Visa Business Solutions team to drive our B2B strategy in this region.
This role will focus on driving debit activation, accelerating credit issuance, scaling prepaid products, identifying use cases for Visa Direct, exploring digital and mobile-first solutions including virtual digital issuance, and deploying contactless solutions in collaboration with India Products and Country Management teams. This role will bring the best of Visa to its clients by deploying a 360 degree approach – across country sales, Core/Digital products, Visa Consulting & Analytics, Marketing, Merchant Sales and Digital Partnership teams.
Why this is important to Visa:
South Asia is a growth market for Visa and its clients, and remains a massive cash displacement opportunity. This role will be instrumental in driving Visa’s market leadership by supporting the growth of clients in the region. Across Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan, clients are seeking new solutions for driving activation and spend, and adapting to new form factors such as contactless and QR payments. Visa is actively engaged with our clients, partners and regulators to enable a thriving payments ecosystem.
Projects you will be a part of:
This role will steer cross-functional projects with our clients to deliver on business priorities. These projects may include (but not be limited to): launching new products (affluent credit card variant), enabling new form factor (contactless/QR/NFC), creating new ecosystems (transit/QR), developing new payment experiences (frictionless ecommerce), enabling new partnerships (bigtechs/fintechs) and supporting portfolio growth (activation and spend strategies).
What you will need:
- 10+ years’ experience in product management in retail banking, payments, finance, technology, or consulting industries in similar job functions
- Professional or Advanced Professional degree (e.g. BS, MBA)
- The candidate must be hands-on with proven ability to engage in high bandwidth conversations with both business and technology executives
- Flexibility, cultural adaptability and ability to navigate complexity is required to succeed in a matrixed environment collaborating with varied stakeholders, especially the Market teamThe role requires the ability to work across cultures and industries.
- A collaboration mindset with excellent communication skills to be able to work with stakeholders across multiple geographies (India, Singapore, US and clients in Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan) to deliver on goals
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to assess new opportunities Full time position based in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and will require travel to other markets in the region
What will also help:
- Subject matter expertise in core payments products with strong background in digital
- Understanding of the payments industry and these markets. . Relationships across key players and perspective and regulatory environment would be valuable.
- Strong understanding of the product management discipline, and experience in ‘go-to-market’ planning
- Technical background in the payments space is preferred. Candidate should be a thought leader, be very familiar & abreast with recent industry development in the financial services and card payments industry
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.