Head of Sourcing - Europe
- London, UK
Job Title: Head of Sourcing - Europe
Job Code: REF27150Q
Skill Category: Procurement
Location: London, UK
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Start date: Friday 22 May, 2020
Closing Date: Friday 19 June, 2020
Salary: Competitive Salary
What's it all about?
The Head of Sourcing is responsible for managing the overall procurement & sourcing strategy for Visa Europe. Success in this role comes from leading by example, and through partnership to drive competitive advantage and value for Visa Inc.
As the Head of Sourcing for Visa Europe you will be accountable for developing strategies to deliver sustainable results across all indirect categories by identifying new opportunities for value and process improvement. You will lead a team and manage all of the sub-categories across Europe and have accountability to delivery against department and functional goals.
You will be required to collaborate effectively with stakeholders across Finance, Legal & Compliance, Operations and Commercial to ensure compliance to sourcing strategy and continuous improvement of sourcing processes. You will work directly with both regional business leadership as well as global sourcing leadership to achieve the best long term outcomes for Visa. You will need a strong sense of urgency and the ability to succinctly frame issues and alternatives to drive decisions forward.
This role will report to the Visa Europe CFO and will be based in London at our Paddington office.
- Engages and establishes business partnerships with cross functional leadership across Visa to collaborate, influence, and drive sourcing strategies
- Manages multiple complex sourcing strategies, scope requirements, Business Partnerships, and navigate complexity within a large global matrixed organisation
- Lead and develop a team of 10+ sourcing professionals located in London and Paris
- Creates a shared vision by embedding and integrating the role of strategic sourcing into various parts of the business and develop strong relationships with Europe’s executive leadership to establish yourself as an equal partner and thought leader
- Develops long term portfolio category strategies that are directly linked to Europe’s regional objectives and Visa Inc. global goals
- Partner very closely with various global category directors, and sourcing leadership to align on, and regionally drive strategies
- Lead the team and cross functional business partners to find the right balance of value, speed and risk mitigation
- Provides high level guidance on the overall continuous strategic sourcing process from needs identification, through supplier performance management across multiple categories
- Maintain strong external focus by leveraging industry peers, organizations, associations and by continuing to build strong relationships outside of Visa
- A champion for change that can act decisively to drive decisions, while demonstrating agility to support the evolution of business needs
- Communicates effectively and frequently, listens carefully, and actively seeks and values the perspectives of others
- Builds effective strategic relationships with external suppliers to drive and execute category strategies
- Develop and manage category wide SRM plans with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- Support the implementation of Global Sourcing policies and procedures and standards by working closely with all stakeholders, business units and sourcing partners
- Focus on challenging the status quo to establish new ways of working faster and smarter, while minimizing risk to Visa
- Team Leadership, set the vision for the function and ensure clarity of objectives, drive a feedback & coaching culture to enhance and drive inclusion & performance.
What we're after?
- Extensive experience within Strategic Sourcing in a global organization with experience of leading the development and management of category plans or sourcing strategies in a payments organization
- Experience leading a regional team; experience initiating and implementing simplification and change.
- Deep understanding of Visa’s business model and Visa cost/expenses structure
- In-depth understanding of the multiple indirect categories; deep industry and/or professional relationships with suppliers and agencies
- Past experiences challenging the status quo by developing business cases for change through leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insights to drive a broad strategic impact across an organization. You need to be able to tell compelling stories through insights and data
- Past experience in working with Ariba, including design and implementation
- Proven track record of developing long-term capabilities in others and across a global organization, to develop best-in-class teams and sharing talent across the organization.
- Demonstrated contract and agreement negotiation experience, including development of negotiating plans and strategies for Marketing Services, Corporate Services, Facilities, Professional Services, Technology, etc
- Ability to define and articulate the balance and trade-offs with value, speed and risk mitigation
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and lead others in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable value to the organization by holding yourself and others accountable
- Strong relationship-management skills and ability to communicate effectively, and collaborate with, senior-to-exec management. You must be able to successfully promote collaboration across different teams and interface with people at all levels of the organization
- Committed to building a community through Visa’s Leadership Principles