Senior Director, Product Development, Data Product Development
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa processes 100s of millions of payment transactions per day and has one of the world’s most valuable data assets. The Visa Data Products Development organization has the mission of unleashing the power of data to drive global commerce.
Visa is seeking a Sr. Director in Data Product Development organization to be the leader of a team of 80+ engineers building and managing Visa’s technology capabilities for its global commercial payment solutions data ecosystem. This individual will operate as a trusted advisor and strategic thought partner to the technology leadership team and our business stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic payments space and working in a fast-paced environment while implementing strategies and processes that enable the organization to innovate and grow. The team is located in Bangalore, Austin, and Foster City, CA.
- Define the roadmap, develop and manage architecture, technical solutions and lead engineering teams for the new generation of Data Products applications and services.
- Own and drive the end-to-end development efforts for on schedule, high quality, scalable innovative solutions that meet the product vision and roadmap. Responsibilities span all phases of product development.
- Collaborate with Business teams to ensure completeness and common understanding of product vision, roadmap & requirements.
- Align with architects and senior technologists on proper architecture and design.
- Lead agile engineering teams to deliver end-to-end technical solutions that exceed product expectations.
- Manage and automate engineering and operations, including post implementation support.
- Drive strong client focus mindset within the team.
- Mentor and build world-class high performing global engineering teams.
- Handle routine daily activities such as coordination, coaching, mentoring, recruiting, budgeting, planning, delivery, quality, partner relationships, performance metrics, operations, efficiency, service level management, etc.
- Think strategically: See patterns and relationships in information and events; clarify and simplify complex information; anticipate trends and possibilities that may lead to new business opportunities.
- Consistently think and act “ahead of the curve;” anticipate and effectively respond with urgency to immediate opportunities.
- Executes plans vigorously and with flexibility.
- Operates proactively; identify and address long-term opportunities
12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Advanced degree in a technical field such as computer science and computer engineering
- 10+ years of experience managing and leading engineering teams
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with big data open source technologies and software development skills
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear,
- Strong at technical goal setting for a project with actionable success metrics. Experience with measuring a service from user experience perspective, setting and tracking to SLAs and KPIs
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support organizational plans
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Payment industry experience is a plus
The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
The position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.