Product Support Engineer, (3rd Line Application Support)
- Reading, UK
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Product Support Engineering team is a Tier 3 customer support team tasked with supporting online merchants using all CyberSource Enterprise products and services. Candidates will be expected to handle escalated case tickets, work with other teams inside and outside the Customer Support organization, provide product training, and interface with customers on an as needed basis.
• Troubleshooting escalated technical problems
• Escalating issues to Product Development, Product Management, and/or Operations teams and managing their resolution
• Building internal support-related tools and documentation
• Participating in requirements, design, and roll out of new products and services
• Interfacing with both ‘direct’ and ‘reseller’ customers
• Representing Customer Support to other departments in the company including sales, operations, product management, and product development
• Creating, editing, and distributing customer notifications
• Responsible for training junior members of the team and acting as as a go-to and experienced leader for the junior members of the team
•University degree or equivalent experience
•Prior Experience of a 2nd/3rd line role
•Customer Support experience
•Must be able to skilfully prioritize and manage concurrent projects and issues.
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Experience in working with cross-functional/cross-departmental and virtual teams
•Self-starter with strong organization and resolution management skills
•Strong understanding of technical concepts
•Some programming experience (Java, REST, C/C++, Perl, etc.), and markup languages (HTML, XML)
•Basic network troubleshooting experience
•Payment industry experience
•Card present / EMV knowledge
•Risk mitigation methodology experience is strongly preferred.
•Should be experienced with working in matrixed organisations
•Understanding of CyberSource products and services will be beneficial
•Incident Management experience