Senior Cybersecurity Engineer (Network Security Engineer)
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving problems and
taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This is at
intermediate professional level and works independently with minimal guidance,
and requires a high level proficiency in networking and security disciplines
- Day-to-day support and administration of network firewalls, internet proxies and DDOS mitigation systems in a global, highly complex and fast evolving network
· Assist in proof of concept phase to deployment, and manage operational acceptance criteria for sustained engineering support for multiple security tools
· Take lead in troubleshooting to resolve and identify root cause of production issues in the shortest possible time frame
· Implement product upgrades, patches and capacity expansions
· Update firewall rules/policies to meet security requirements, creating and supporting rules design via systems automation--to include optimization, ownership, expiry and certification
· Coordinate with the Security Review team to define new global rules and rules design decisions
· Take implementation accountability and ownership of assigned project tasks and ensure all objectives meet stringent operational guidelines
· Ensure compliance with defined security requirements. Re-mediate compliance issues within a short time frame
· Ensure timely and accurate reporting and updates for incident, request, change management, and network/firewall assurance programs
· Provide technical support for activities that improve the security posture of Visa’s networks
· Work closely with other network, systems, and security teams within Visa, maintaining up to the minute information about the underlying network, security, and systems to make sure the security tool deployments are operating effectively
- Work with the Global Information Security to ensure solutions deployed meet Visa Security Requirements and provide technical assistance for investigation and analysis of security alerts
· Collaborate with all internal and 3rd party security and audit teams to implement security controls that protect the Visa brand from real or potential security issues
· Work with vendors to establish product recommendations, configuration, implementation and problem management
· Build systems to automate deployment, configuration, and reduce human
error for repeatable and well understood tasks
· Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization and technology solutions
· Participate in on call rotation as part of global team
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science or other technology field; typically requires a minimum of 7-10 years of experience or equivalent with professional experience
- Strong Experience in Check Point firewalls via Provider-1/Smart Console, R75+.
- Check Point VSX with firewall virtualization experience preferred.
- Proficient with PAN firewall technologies and policy management including controls used by firewall, switches, and routers
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, OSI and routing/switching networking background (OSPF, BGP, MPLS, IPSEC, VPN's, GRE)
- 3+ years of experience supporting Linux and Windows operating systems (high comfort level using CLI interface
- Experience with Arbor, F5 Big IP, IDS/IPS, Indeni and Tuffin is a plus
- Prior experience supporting Bluecoat Proxy and WAN technologies such as Frame Relay, MPLS, ATM, IPSEC VPN for high availability networks
- A willingness to learn new technologies and their applications in the enterprise.
- CCNP, CCSA,CCSE, BCCPA SANS/GIAC certifications preferred
- Familiar with ITIL concepts such as Incident, Change, and Problem Management
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.