Business Development Coordinator
- Quito, Ecuador
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- The Business Development Coordinator will be responsible for executing a set of responsibilities to provide analytical and business development support with key client and market focused initiatives aimed at achieving Visa’s growth targets in Ecuador. This role will report directly to the Country Manager for Ecuador
· Client Management
o Contribute in the execution of short and long-term strategic plans for clients and market. Ensure that such plans adhere to Visa mission statement of increasing clients’ profitability, strengthening the partnership within them, and also being in agreement with Visa Inc. overall strategy
o Have solid understanding of client views on development of banking and financial services industry; understand clients’ strategies, priorities, needs and business processes
o Evaluate and recommend actions to strengthen partnerships and client business when appropriate
o Develop a comprehensive understanding of all Visa products and services
o Manage/Coordinate Client requests such as: trainings, demos, webinars, membership processes, card designs, collaterals, NDAs, among others
o Maintain close contact with all Visa’s areas in order to search for solutions for the most critical problems, as well as to follow best practices that could be offered and applied to the clients and the market
· Client Incentives
o Lead processing of incentive payments, including VIK requirements, Market Development Funds, as well as internal finance back office process for incentive payments.
o Develop and maintain client incentive tracking mechanism at the client level, for internal and client use.
o Create client incentive use reports for client presentations.
· Reporting & analytics:
o Creation of quarterly performance reports for quarterly business reviews use
o Recurring business intelligence reports, including top merchants, top categories by market, product type, e-commerce, domestic vs international, etc.
o Creation of ad-hoc reports and analysis to support client strategies and follow up on Client’s projects progress
- Playbook and client/internal communications
- Support the Sales Team to update contacts, profiles and general information in Playbook
- Lead client engagement survey, visa payments forum client campaign, reporting, and follow-ups
- Develop and administer quarterly client newsletter, including wins, losses, and important updates, for internal management use
- Support the Sales Team with internal information requests related to Clients and Market
- Other responsibilities
- Coordinate Client events to be held in market: logistics, follow required internal processes and ensure alignment with compliance requirements, attendant invitations and follow ups, coordinate with internal functional teams involved in each event
- Coordinate agendas for Functional Teams visits to market
- Coordinate office supplies and daily requests in the office
- Support budget, forecast and financial analysis reviews for Ecuador
- Professionally qualified with 5+ years’ experience, preferable in business development, sales support, finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience; undergraduate degree required
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English and Spanish
- Payments industry or consumer banking experience is desired
- Customer service-focused with ability to work collaboratively with others. Flexible with
an approachable personality
- Consulting skills and client engagement capabilities
- Strong credibility, with the ability to quickly become knowledgeable of Visa products and services
- Strong financial acumen, planning and analytical skills
- Solid business judgment
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with inter-disciplinary groups
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work with a strong attention to detail.
- The ability to cooperate effectively and efficiently in a challenging, fast-paced environment
with little supervision.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.