Project Analyst, Data Science
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Manage the Visa’s Consulting & Analytics’ (VCA) Model Risk Management documentation compliance process and the model catalog
- Ensure new models created by VCA and its third-party vendors are identified and accurately classified in accordance with Visa's Model Risk Management program
- Ensure that appropriate model documentation is provided to comply with Visa policy
- Review technical model documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Coordinate peer reviews of documentation when necessary
- Educate VCA on policy and process, work with Global Risk to handle exceptions
- Manage the ongoing model monitoring process
- Coordinate ongoing model evaluations based on Risk requirements
- Collect model performance metrics and communicate to Risk
Asia-Pacific and Latin America:
- Oversee the resource planning of data scientists in these regions
- Coordinate and roll out global training initiatives
- Assist in project management/project tracking and coordinate All Hands meetings
- Track status of headcount
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD).
- Degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics, Biotstats, Business Administration, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, or another quantitative field.
- 5 years of project management or technical documentation experience in the technology field (or 2 years with advanced degree)
- Experience working across multiple stakeholders while managing various projects simultaneously
- Experience working on global teams
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with a proactive mindset
- Strong customer service focus, with the ability to communicate with technical teams
- Familiarity with SQL, Python, R, statistical modeling, machine learning - regression, classification, decision trees, xgboost, random forest, gradient boosting, ensemble learning
- Very strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work well with metrics, numbers and trends and draw insights from data
- Flexibility in work hours to accommodate global nature of role
- Familiarity with CCAR or model audit
- Experience with regulatory policy in a technical capacity
- Given the global functionality of this role, incumbent will be regularly expected to work outside of normal business hours.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.