Director, New Business Development – BaaS & Enablers
- Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As Director of New Business Development – BaaS & Enablers you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for searching, identifying, structuring, managing and develop strategic partnerships, alliances and commercial deals within the most relevant players in the payments ecosystem.
The role also includes:
- Lead the business and the relationship development with prospects and clients. Align objectives, priorities and resources between Visa and them
- Win new opportunities (originating, structuring, executing) with high-growth global, regional, and local players across payments value chain, including BaaS entities, issuer processors, program managers, bin sponsors, mobile banking, technology and payments solutions companies
- Positioning Visa as the preferred partner among prospects and clients, thorough deep understanding of entities strategies, priorities, needs and business processes, to present strategic ideas on how Visa’s products can impact their results; in alignment with industry developments, dynamics and digital trends
- Being actively involved in the Fintech & Non-banking issuers ecosystem
- Accountable for optimizing resources to achieve volume and revenue targets and P&L
- Deliver financial objectives including revenue, payment volume and market penetration objectives
- She/he is expected to decide over strategic and tactical matters for which she / he is responsible for and escalate the ones that require senior management involvement
- Conduct business with ethics all across the stakeholders
- Ability to generate innovative creative solutions to unique problems and opportunities encountered in complex, and dynamic environments
- Highly client oriented, results driven and hands on
- Deep consulting skills and client engagement capabilities. Regulatory knowledge and deep understanding about the Fintech Law and other payment-related laws such as Open Banking
- Strong influential skills at multiple levels, including entrepreneurship leaders and owners, design thinkers and Executive / C-level
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills. Drive, enthusiasm and creativity are key attributes
- Highly organized with exposure of project / program management
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills
- Bankcard industry experience, strong knowledge base of the card business including account solicitation, account maintenance, operations, systems and risk management is desirable
- Fluent in English and Spanish, including neo-payments terminology
- Availability to travel up to 20% of time (domestically and internationally)
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law