Business Development Leader – Visa Consulting & Analytics
- Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting Analytics (VCA) team is looking for an individual to join our consulting practice and play a key role developing and delivering high impact projects for Visa’s clients in Mexico. The potential candidate will play a key role under the consulting team in Mexico, including delivering and implementing projects and solutions with issuers, acquirers and merchants. This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both, the preferred brand and unique business partner.
Potential engagements could include portfolio management diagnostics, authorization optimization strategies, assessments of digital product and marketing programs, development of new products with implementation roadmaps, optimizing client customer servicing processes, among others.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively engage with clients and Visa client leadership in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with clients
- Leads consulting initiatives and contributes to closing engagement by identifying potential opportunities with clients
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges.
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., marketing, sales, risk, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Produce insights and analyses to improve client performance, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the payment P&L
- Ability to effectively analyze complex data (industry and Visa) to determine meanings insights and recommendations for clients
- Build new solutions, toolkits, best practice documents and consulting approach that can be applied across VCA practice
Incumbents applying for the role should be motivated, analytic individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics and high impact solutions to clients support the growth and performance. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with clients and across the Visa organization.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- 10 years of management consulting (with relevant industry experience in financial services/payment), or retail banking/cards/payments management experience
- Substantial problem solving ability with strategic focus on impacting ROI
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Experience in several key issuer business areas, such as portfolio management, marketing, product management, operations, risk management, for cards
- Understanding of cards/payments´ P&L and critical factors in driving profitability
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
· Team player
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours in the LAC region
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 30% of the time.