Sr. Program Manager
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Seeking for a seasoned program manager to drive and manage one of the key Technology integration effort for Visa with Verifi. With the acquisition of Verifi, Visa will extend its chargeback and dispute resolution capabilities to support a broad range of payments brands and partners across the ecosystem. Visa will integrate Verifi’s enhanced chargeback tools with Visa’s Risk Management services including those delivered by CardinalCommerce and CyberSource. Buyers, seller, issuers and acquirers will benefit from greater automation, near real-time communication and data-driven insights through every stage of the customer journey.
The position requires an experienced professional with strong technical experience and skill sets who understands how to bring all the key technology and operations infrastructure, applications and services together to make sure we have a seamless integration. The ideal candidate should have the ability to envision all the key activities and dependencies needed between the different functional groups - Technology, Operations & Infrastructure (O&I), CyberSecurity, Product Development (PD), Corporate IT (CIT). Drive the integration effort as a program with key milestones identified and drive the day-to-day project plan. Ability to flex between the strategic and the tactical, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of energy and flexibility to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented technology environment.
- Accountable for the end-to-end Technology integration effort of Verifi into Visa. Responsible for the planning and execution/delivery of the different tracks (Technology, O&I, CyberSecurity, PD, CIT) to drive seamless integration of Verifi into the Visa Technology environment.
- Ability to translate integration vision and requirements into feasible technical solutions and define program milestones
- Lead scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments and communications for programs and initiatives identified for this effort
- Ask thoughtful technical and operational questions to help bring the entire integration plan together and execute in the most effective way
- Work with all functional leads to bring the plan into reality. Resolve road blocks and communicate integration status along the way to key stakeholders/leaders
- Facilitate integration status meetings and conflict resolution
- Ability to shield the different functional groups from this integration effort in their daily operations and deliverables for the business
- Ability to track and remove impediments for the different functional groups
- Develop metrics and reports to help the team understand the integration path and progress and to set goals
- Be a change champion in this integration effort
- Coach team members to understand Scrum and apply the same Agile Principles across Visa/Verifi teams
- Influence change that increases team performance at a sustainable pace
- Ensure clear communication to the stakeholders/leaders and foster collaboration between the different functional teams
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a Ph
- 10+ years relevant Program/Project Management experience
- Deep knowledge of technology infrastructure, software development life cycle, engineering operations, databases, etc.
- Good prioritization, negotiation and communication skills
- Experience with other Lean/Agile framework and methods, i.e.: Kanban, SAFe, XP, etc
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Decisive but inclusive decision making in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with light supervision
- Proficient in at least one agile project management tool: Rally, Jira, Version One, etc.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.