Intern – Merchant Sales & Acquiring: Visa Direct (Summer 2020)
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that enables clients (banks, sellers, fintech players) to push funds to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology. Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer, funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), bill payment, cross-border remittance and more. Currently, the push payments market around the world is estimated to be an $80T opportunity.
The Visa Direct Specialized Sales team responsible for leading sales to achieve aggressive sales targets and ensuring breakout growth of Visa Direct in market. The MENA and SSA sub-regions are in nascent stages of the Visa Direct sales lifecycle and have local regulatory complexities, requiring drive and sales leadership capabilities to overcome.
Some of the things you may be doing as a Visa Direct Sales intern include:
- Market landscape research on push payments readiness and opportunity
- MENA and SSA merchant and fintech pipeline opportunity development and management
- Support the Regional Sales Leader on client engagement opportunities through the sales cycle
- Develop regional dashboard reporting and MIS tools to periodically update internal stakeholders
The learning objectives of this internship include:
- Developing a core understanding of the Visa Direct platform, capturing new payment flows for Visa
- Build a deeper understanding of the MENA and SSA sub-regions and develop a sales pipeline
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders across the organization including Finance, Strategy, Sales
- Students pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters Degree with a graduation date in summer 2021
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or equivalent
- Be available to pursue a Summer internship (July to August – 8 weeks total)
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint