Dispute Support Analyst (Fluency in Mandarin/Spanish)
- Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines
Global Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting. Client Services includes the Dispute Resolution Management function which provides provide clients fair adjudication and accurate interpretation of the Visa Dispute Resolution Rules. Uphold the integrity of the Visa dispute resolution framework by ensuring the framework, tools and process are reinforced with streamlined and enhanced dispute rules. The Visa dispute resolution framework is designed to incentivise and facilitate the fair resolution of disputed transactions to the benefit of all stakeholders and underpins the work of developing and promoting new and globally interoperable payment innovations, including promoting the security of the payments eco-system, as well as upholding and encouraging compliance with the appropriate industry standards. It forms part of Visa’s incentive to implementation and use of new and existing technologies, provide greater protection against any disputed transactions and the associated financial liability for these disputed transactions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for providing guidance and support to Visa Clients regarding Visa Rules as they pertain to dispute resolution management.
- Provide Clients with clear and concise information and analysis on all aspects of dispute resolution management, including arbitration and compliance and performance metrics and data when required, in support of the Rules
- Review Clients request for a system exception approval in relation to Visa Rules.
- Effectively advise Global clients on the regional differences in the Visa Rules
- Ensure Service Level Objectives are met
- Assist in identifying and proposing business rule changes that address regional and global trends, client needs, new business models, etc.
- Understand relevant business and cultural differences of a region and help design and create dispute resolution best practice documentation (e.g. manuals, guides, etc.) for internal and client use, when required
- Contribute to the definition and fulfillment of team and corporate objectives and goals
- Stay current with industry and market trends to anticipate possible challenges resulting from changing political, social and economical environments
- Stay abreast of new products and services, and industry and technology trends to be able to support Visa strategic goals and Client initiatives
- A comprehensive understanding of the Visa Rules, cardholder dispute process, card processing, the bankcard industry, and the arbitration and compliance process.
- Candidate must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed understanding of transaction processing, including authorization, clearing and settlement, and industry players including acquirers, issuer, processors, agents, merchants and cardholders.
- Technical understanding of the Card industry (Card Technologies, Chip Cards, ATM Services, Merchant Services, Cash Products, etc.)
- 5 years experience developing and maintaining client relationships including 3 years directly supporting and interacting with high profile clients.
- 5 years experience working in a card issuing, merchant acquiring, or back office banking environment
- The qualified individual will possess the initiative and judgment to ensure customer expectations and service levels are exceeded.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Visa Resolve Online a plus
Experience & Education Required
- 3 to 5 years experience in the Card or Financial Business with concentration in the following areas: issuing support, merchant acquiring, back office, and banking operations
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Bachelors degree or comparable business experience
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently
- Excellent inter-personal skills and a proven ability to build and maintain highly satisfied customer relationships
- Relationship management skills are essential to ensure full communication across other business units to ensure customer business needs are met
- Strong technical and operational aptitude with the ability to absorb technical and operational information and apply it to business solutions
- Effective professional verbal, written and presentation skills for audiences ranging from individual contributor through executive level
- Judgment skills must be strong to ensure full customer satisfaction and limit negative processing impacts
- Self-starter with organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving skills
- Decision Making skills, including ability to manage crisis and conflicts
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Must have excellent inter-personal skills (must project credibility and integrity) and a proven ability to build and maintain highly satisfied customer relationships
- Ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor in all dealings
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. SharePoint and Visio a plus.
- Working knowledge of Visa Dispute Resolution Rules and Visa Resolve Online is a plus
- Bilingual fluency (Oral and written) in Mandarin/Spanish speaking preferred
Other Required Characteristics
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to maintain concentration for extended time periods
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment (people oriented/team player)
- Ability to handle change
- Additional language skill is a plus.