Senior Business Development Leader - Financial Institutions (HCMC / Hanoi)
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Vietnam team is comprises of a highly motivated bunch of problem solvers who create impactful experiences for our clients. Here at Visa, we strive to excel with our partners via strong collaboration, we look to enable and inspire all players in the ecosystem to drive electronification of payments in the Vietnam market.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Business Development Director we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
If you are business savvy with financial payment industry experience and have the technical background necessary to help further establish Visa as a leading payments solutions partner in Vietnam, you should apply.
This position is reporting to Head of Sales and is based in Hanoi.
What a Senior Business Development Leader does at Visa:
- Working as one of the team you will have a dedicated portfolio of clients, who you will ensure are provided with solutions to solve their business needs and drive profitability for visa
- Works with clients to identify new and ongoing requirements, introducing new products and services as appropriate, discuss and deeply understand client business strategy/business model and consult client on winning digital payment and ecosystem solutions. The business model can be diversified across consumer and corporate businesses.
- Contributes to the annual business/account plan and execution for the assigned accounts, agreeing with the Head of Sales what actions will be required for their product/portfolio.
- Cultivate relationship with client key stakeholders in partnership with product solution and cross functional teams. Have capability to handle client relationship at senior management levels.
- Work with clients to focus on driving usage, user experience, new product solutions, e-commerce, cross-border transactions and merchant acceptance.
- Champion and lead digital innovation, solutions to differentiate client payment products and services
- Identify new payment flows interacting with issuers, and develop CVPs for new product, new segments differentiated by departments / payment flows
- Demonstrates good knowledge of all Visa products and services, with expert knowledge in certain areas. Expected to understand the impact of their specialty area on assigned client’s business and more importantly to Visa's P&L
- Execution of strategic priorities to accelerate payment volumes growth and expansion in partnership with financial institutions
- Provides support to Head of Sales on business planning, implementation of team, country and regional goals, sharing expertise and specialist knowledge with team members.
Why this is important to Visa
In this role, you will be the connector between Visa and the clients, being able to showcase Visa capabilities and make impact to the clients business. You will work closely with key functions in Visa such as the Merchant Solutions & Acquiring, Consumer, Business Solutions, Visa Consulting and Analytic teams to identify areas of opportunity for growing payment volumes, expanding acceptance through implementing new solutions, products and payment services, leveraging Visa and clients digital payment capabilities.
The candidate must understand financial and banking industry, have experience in card, digital payment and good understanding of payment industry opportunity and challenges. In this role, you will be the champion in providing client turnkey solutions to differentiate their products and services as Visa ambassador.
Projects you will be a part of:
- To take ownership of the business relationships between Visa and our key clients through business development and sales efforts aimed at ensuring profitability and development of Visa’s brand, reputation and business presence and impact. This includes development and execution of business strategies, business plans, sales and projects which propagate profitable business for Visa and for our clients.
- You will assess opportunities to introduce relevant Visa solutions to clients and be responsible for account and product business planning and submission of product propositions to clients for consideration.
- Recommend strategy for securing individual clients’ agreements and engagement with Visa initiatives
- Develop individual business case justification for investment decisions and propose to both Country and Regional Management for approval.
- Responsible for Client forecast, P&L, and tracking of performance
What you will need:
- Recognized degree preferably in Business Management
- More than 15 years of proven sales and relationship management, with expertise in payments/ financial services industry
- Track record of people management and communication skills
- Strong track record of client service, strategy development and execution
- Deep expertise in navigating client relationship matrix
- Solid understanding of the Vietnam digital payment landscape and banking industry
- Cultural sensitivity and possess a global mindset
What will also help:
- Management Experience
- Prior sales and consulting experience within the financial services sector
- Knowledge of retail/ commercial/digital banking
- Digital mind-set and adaptive leadership
- Positive and result orientated team player
- Self-starter with a commitment to learn and a sense of curiosity
- Ability to navigate and work in ambiguous situations
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese