Director, BI Solutions
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The Business Intelligence Solutions group within the Global Data and Business Intelligence (GDBI) organization works with internal stakeholders to enable faster decision-making, data democratization and self-service through building innovative, scalable best-in-class dashboard and reporting solutions. Our goal is to empower and enable business partners to glean valuable insights from Visa's unique global data assets.
We are looking for a Director who is comfortable engaging with business owners, data enthusiasts and technology teams alike and has strong experience in translating business needs into measurable outcomes. This Director will be capable of being hands-on, focused on using data to drive business decisions and is passionate about building effective and engaging visualizations for an executive audience. The Director is expected to possess strong leadership, collaboration and influencing skills to effectively lead cross-functional teams to drive deliverables, projects and engagements to completion.
Office Locations - This position is based in Foster City. Other Visa office locations (Arlington or Denver) will be considered.
This role will manage a small team of FTEs and/or consulting resources.
- Lead solution design and delivery for global executive scorecard program:
- Design scalable dashboard solutions focused on actionable insights
- Deliver excellent user experience and data visualization best practices
- Manage an agile development process focused on accuracy, automation, and Visa’s single source of truth (SSoT) framework
- Effectively collaborate with Global Business Operations, Marketing, HR, Finance, and Product teams to integrate disparate sources of data
- Provide thought leadership to Global Data & BI team regarding processes, innovation, and governance of BI Solutions.
- Be an active thought leader within Visa’s data analytics community including Global Data Science, Governance, Data Platform, and Data Visualization design center.
- Build, lead, and develop a team of high performing BI developers
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- A minimum 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years management experience preferred
- Robust technical experience with big data query languages (e.g. SQL, Hive, Impala, Spark) and visualization software (e.g. Tableau)
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Visa experience or knowledge of payments industry is desirable
Travel - This position requires the incumbent to travel 5% annually.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours