Intern- Associate Systems Administrator
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a member of the System Administration team, you are responsible for applying skills and exercising knowledge to perform specified support functions. As part of the team -You will support critical applications and ensure the stability of services by performing dedicated maintenance activities. You engage in automation activities, perform root cause analysis (RCA), and remediation. Knowledge of production support process including incident/change/problem management, call triaging, and critical issue resolution procedures.
- Scripting, automation, installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Windows 2008/2012/2016/Core servers and related SOE software packages
- Windows Core administration, command line remote administration, scripting critical for large deployments and consistent configuration
- ESXi, vSphere systems administration and support, including vMotion, high availability, DRS, vCenter Operations Manager, vCenter Service, and Site Recovery Manager.
- Microsoft Hyper-V systems administration at the hypervisor level as well as virtual server; high available configuration, mitigating troubleshooting services, rapid return to service in the event of an outage
- Administration of Microsoft System Center and act as the Configuration Manager (SCCM) for software updates & patches deployment
- Identify automation/innovation opportunities in BAU environment and craft tools/scripts to automate and schedule routine administration tasks
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- You will Support at least 2 of the following third party monitoring and automation tools: Netcool, Splunk, BMC Patrol, OpNet, BMC Blade logic, BMC BAO
- Ability to operate in complex, highly-secure, and highly-available, operations environments and interact with the technology domain experts required to maintain those environments
- Security Remediation process (vulnerability assessment and patch management)
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. Coaching other members of the support team, sharing technical and customer knowledge in a helpful and timely fashion
- BAU operational support of Wintel infrastructure with sound knowledge of ITIL v3 processes such as Incident, Change, Problem and Release Management
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or a related field, graduating December 2020 or later
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- Knowledge of System Administration Skills: Window 2008/2012/2016/Core
- Strong knowledge and experience in Scripting (PowerShell, VBscript, Batch, etc...)
- Virtualization Administration: VMware ESX & Microsoft Hyper-V
- Server system: HPE, DELL, UCS
- Experience in handling Enterprise Infrastructure systems including Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, Clustering, SCCM, SCOM
- Experience in administering medium to large scale virtualized environment utilizing VMware and Hyper-V
- Understanding of networking concepts
- TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- Familiarity with SAN and NAS storage in Windows in a Server environment
- Exposure in Unified Computing Environment (Cisco UCS) & Shared infrastructures (HP C7000 chassis enclosures)
- Superb communication skills with ability to communicate with management & technical authorities
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Strong analytical and practical analytical skills
- Strong expertise of automation technologies including scripting: PowerShell, PowerCLI, VBScript
- Monitoring, Tuning, Troubleshooting, and RCA
- Maintains expertise across multiple infrastructure domains
- Strong organization and analysis skills
- Validated focus on quality and customer service
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.