Sr. Staff System Analyst
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Sr. Staff Systems Analyst is responsible for the support of the Visa TPF/VIP Authorization system in a multi-datacenter and multi-processing environment. They are responsible for second level problem determination and recovery of the VIP Applications, Operating Systems, services and customer related issues.
The Sr. Staff Systems Analyst will facilitate problem situations with the appropriate management, support groups and service partners as required and is responsible for tracking progress and final resolution implementation.
- Works closely with service partners such as VIP Operations, Global Network Operations, Production Services and Global Support teams to ensure all VIP related services are operational and not causing member impact.
- Works closely with Account Management, Application Support and the Regions when dealing with Member/Application issues.
-Ongoing/Proactive analysis of TPF/VIP Systems and applications to detect potential problems. When necessary makes preventive corrections and works with Engineering/Development groups to implement long-term corrective measures.
-Coordinates all TPF/VIP implementations.
-Serve as mentor and knowledge transfer for VIP Operations and junior peers.
- Applies their programming skills to develop system tools.
- 24x7x365 Coverage, including ability to work nightshifts as required
- Handle all calls coming into the Coverage ACD system
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhDMinimum of 10-15 years’ experience with supporting TPF Operating Systems, including exposure to z/TPF
- Ability to analyze and resolve z/TPF dumps
- Knowledge of TPF database utilities (Recoup, PDU, Data collection etc.)
- Exposure to TPF Middleware products (IBM MQ Series)
- Experience in working with VM/MVS systems, IBM TPF Toolkit, REXX language/scripting
- Experience with C++, ASP.NET, XML and SOAP architectures is a plus
- Candidate should be comfortable in dealing with peer groups, including Account Management, Client Configuration, and other technical teams from surrounding environments (Open Systems, Project Management, Network Engineering and TPF Development)
- Act as an SME in designated Project assignments directed at TPF Coverage/Operations
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.