Project Manager, Cybersecurity (M&A)
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What’s it all about?
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our business. Our diligence and expertise is what makes us the undisputed leader in electronic payments. We’ve made it our priority to create a top-tier team dedicated to Cybersecurity.
The Cybersecurity Portfolio and Business Management team is seeking an experienced project manager to work within a team dedicated to M&A technology integration. Our team provides overall project portfolio management and business management to our business partners within Cybersecurity.
If you are passionate about project management, enjoy working in a dynamic and leading-edge technology organization and want to be on the forefront of Visa’s growth, as a Senior Project Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
- Assemble and lead cross organizational high performance teams, creating a collaborative environment and executing with a sense of urgency
- Drive efficiency by utilizing Visa Project Management Methodology, processes and tools
- Navigate Visa’s organizational structure to identify impacts, stakeholders and authorities
- Coordinate with acquired company Security contacts/PM to ensure alignment
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to all stakeholders; hold regular cross organizational management briefings
- Lead boldly and utilize hard and soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and issues
- Proficient with project related financial management, including variance analysis, resource forecast to actuals, capitalized vs. non-capitalized hardware and software management
- Maintain meticulous records of project and program financials, issues, risks, decisions, schedules
- Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills required
- Technical knowledge and ability to work closely with a skilled technical/security team
- Expert ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Expert leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
- Expert knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods
- 10 years of enterprise-level project management work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required, or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 8+ years Project Management experience required (Waterfall and Agile)
- Expertise in MS Office (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD.
- Excellent influencing skills with the ability to achieve challenging goals through others without direct authority across different functions, geographies and cultures.
- Demonstrated capability to balance a drive for change with sensitivity to the consequences of change. Skilled at fundamentals of successful change management.
- Thrives in dynamic environment. High learning agility and skilled at rapidly applying lessons learned to practice.
- Drives for accountability within self and others
- Time management, self-control, continuous learning, drives for order yet flexible and nimble.
- Versatility of thought and action in unanticipated circumstances using structured tools at incumbent's disposal to respond effectively and resolve unanticipated changes
- Proactive and solution-oriented, solid problem-solving skills, ability to think strategically
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed
- Strong organization skills; ability to multi-task; show initiative and work aggressively to meet deadlines
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, in particular Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Effective leadership qualities; ability to influence effectively without direct management authority; experience managing conflict to achieve goals; transparency with management and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of corporate protocol, maintains a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- PMP certification
- Significant Cybersecurity Domain knowledge and experience
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 5% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.