Director, B2B IAM Platform Infrastructure
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
B2B IAM is a Security development team within the Visa Cybersecurity Technology Team. This group is responsible for building leading edge Identity & Access Management solutions for our customers. We are a group of bright, motivated engineers and technical managers passionate about building the next generation of security products that protect and secure Visa assets worldwide.
- Reporting to Visa’s VP of Cybersecurity B2B IAM, you will be responsible for driving and managing the vision and technology for the platform that supports securing external facing systems & applications.
- You will develop partnership across global business and technology organizations, providing sound analysis and change leadership. Building and maintaining strong internal customer relationships is critical, as this position will work with Business Partners and other technology partners every day to ensure delivery of quality products in alignment with global initiatives.
- You will be responsible to build and lead a development team of approximately 8 technologists passionate about delivering key technical solutions in the domain of Identity, Access Management, and Platform Infrastructure. This is one of the key areas of focus for this role and requires leadership skills passionate about looking after multiple partners to understand their needs clearly and propose and build highly scalable, secure and reliable technical solutions to meet clients’ demands.
- You will be responsible for establishing a culture of engineering excellence while maintaining a strong focus on security and operational quality. You will find opportunities to collaborate between your development operation teams and the rest of the engineering community to ensure that the environment and tools strategy are optimal and best-in-class and keep up with the growing velocity of business demands and complexity of technology.
- You will be responsible for hiring top talent to grow the local leadership team and to keep the organization highly engaged and motivated, delivering exceptional results. Your ability to work across functions and teams will allow you to ensure alignment of priorities and goals, working towards results and developing the right culture and the right environment to do it perfectly and innovate.
- You will manage platform work for Visa’s critical Business-to-Business Identity Management system. Ensure system & platform are in compliance with all Visa’s Technical Security Requirements, Qualys scanning, PenTests, Ethical Hacking, and PCI requirements.
- You will work regularly with management to align expectations. Deliver quality product against your commitments. Provide local management leadership for a team of platform engineers.
- You will collaborate across team boundaries to achieve goal. Provide solution approach to Technical Project/Product Manager and Product Office for their review and feedback. Work closely with Product Office and IT departments to proactively ensure that systems & platform can handle emerging or future business requirements
- You will set architecture direction and work closely with staff to design solution that meet platform availability, reliability, performance, and scalability, including management of overall platform tuning
- You will work closely with Operations, database, and middleware engineering teams to maintain high system up time according to agreed SLA
- You will ensure quality, smooth and efficient delivery by applying continuous integration and continuous delivery methodology
- B.S. degree with 12+ years or M.S. degree with 10+ years of experience in managing global enterprise wide platform solutions
- Knowledgeable and working experience with Http web servers, Apache, IIS, Tomcat, JWS,
- Knowledgeable and working experience with relational databases & LDAP
- Knowledgeable and working experience with Linux & Windows operating systems
- Knowledgeable and working experience with application system and performance monitoring software tools
- Strong technical lead experience managing large-scale platform, including web servers, application servers, and databases.
- Able to work with cross-functional teams from different geographic locations globally. Understand various development methodology, including waterfall and Agile/Scrum
- Proven high-impact manager with track record of executing and driving result in a collaborative and thoughtful manner
- Experience in capacity planning, cost benefit analysis, performance tracking and measurement (KPI)
- Be a thought leader in delivering innovative platform product solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand complicated business requirements and facilitate internal discussion to create conceptual architectural solution and high level sizing estimate
- Ability to prepare and present project ideas and proposals to senior management
- Motivator and collaboration leader various teams to solve challenging problems
- Familiarity with various industry audit/security standards including PCI-DSS, NIST and FFIEC
- Strong knowledge of web-based 3-tier application and security architecture. Expert level knowledge of Identify and Access Management software technology. Good knowledge of overall network architecture
- Knowledge and working experience of ForgeRock Access Management solution
- Known for building and growing first class engineering team
- authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this posAtion. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Position and incumbent must be based in Austin, TX location. Visa will not provide relocation assistance in connection with this position.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- Requires availability to meet with teams in the Asia Pacific or Europe time zones as needed
This position may require the incumbent to travel up to 15%.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.