Olympians & Paralympians in Business Development Program (Deadline: April 20)
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
For thirty-two years Visa has been a passionate partner of the Olympic & Paralympic Games, supporting athletes to achieve their dreams on the field of play as they inspire next generations to reach for theirs. At Visa, we believe that Olympic and Paralympic athletes have the potential to become tomorrow’s business leaders. As you look to enter into the next chapter of your life, Visa’s OPDP will empower you to hone your talent, potential, and unique leadership skill set in a business setting.
You’re an Olympian. You're a Paralympian. And you're ready to make an impact. We have a program to accelerate your growth. You + Visa = Everywhere You Want To Be
Through the one to two-year program, Visa provides diverse rotational work experiences, and focused development to kick-start your career in business, building a pipeline of future Visa leaders with cross-functional business experience & knowledge.
Your six-month work rotations may include placements in any of the following Visa functions, and many more!:
Visa’s Global Product Team is responsible for all aspects of product strategy and development in consumer and business products that drive revenue growth for Visa. The team develops new channel solutions and technology support, builds alliances and solutions for new products, and is responsible for product analytics. Products include Visa’s prepaid cards, Visa Signature, Verified by Visa, and others. Essential functions in a rotation may include:
- Developing Excel and PowerPoint outputs to articulate key insights for clients, actionable recommendations, and value.
- Performing exploratory analysis and data mining on large datasets based on business hypothesis.
Visa’s Global Marketing & Communications Team conducts market research and analytics on consumers and clients to develop best-in-class marketing plans that accelerate Visa product adoption and growth. Additionally, this team is dedicated to increasing Visa brand equity through building trust with clients and investors and communicating corporate themes like Financial Inclusion and Corporate Social Responsibility, among other strategies. Essential functions in a rotation may include:
- Researching key merchants and their marketing strategies and summarizing the public data on those merchants.
- Developing debit and prepaid positioning strategies for issuing banks.
Visa’s Global Merchant Sales & Solutions organization strives to be a trusted, strategic partner for the merchant community, delivering tangible value to increase revenue, increase efficiencies and grow business intelligence. The team is staffed to align with customers and business opportunities around the world. Essential functions in a rotation may include:
- Analysing the impact of competitive offerings that might disintermediate Visa cards.
- Supporting senior sales staff in their negotiations with merchants.
- Assisting in developing a performance dashboard for products to present internally to client.
Visa’s Global Corporate Strategy Team is responsible for corporate strategy development and coordination, enterprise strategic projects and planning, strategic intelligence, and knowledge management. The team identifies, develops, and executes high-impact, complex global corporate initiatives that improve Visa’s growth and market position globally. Essential functions in a rotation may include:
- Developing business cases for select strategic opportunities that will generate revenue over a 3-5 year timeframe.
- Assisting in the identification of key insights/trends for Commercial payments.
- Supporting the research efforts focused on analyzing Commercial Consumption Expenditure globally.
Visa’s Global Audit, Risk and Public Policy Team works to ensure the safety, soundness and integrity of Visa and the payments ecosystem. They are responsible for identifying and mitigating threats to Visa while supporting the company’s growth and maintaining thought leadership on issues of importance to clients and governments everywhere. They work alongside business partners and clients to advise on risks, develop mitigations, maintain strong internal control and stay ahead of threats to the security of the payments ecosystem. Essential functions in a rotation may include:
- Conducting research and analysis of industry trends in the landscape to identify, prioritize and quantify key strategic trends.
- Develop short-term, intermediate, and long-term strategy framework that articulates why risk management at Visa is a key differentiator in the market.
- Support local/regional business executives and Government Relations teams with requests for information received from government officials.
In addition to meaningful work experience, focused programmatic development will include:
- Intensive, one-week orientation alongside your peers
- Leadership exposure
- Coaching and mentorship
- A peer community and regular networking events
- Ongoing targeted professional skills & behaviours training
- Select opportunities for international work rotations
Meet some members and graduates of the program here.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Degree: Bachelors and/or Masters
- All majors welcome to apply
- Competed in an Olympic or Paralympic Games, including first-time athletes competing at Tokyo 2020
- Intellectual horsepower
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Except in exceptional circumstances, athlete candidates who will require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
- Applications Open: January – April 20, 2020
- Interviews: March – May 2020
- Program Start Date: September 8, 2020
Sign up to attend a virtual information session to learn more:
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position may require the incumbent to travel for work, typically 0-10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting which will require the use of a desk and standard office equipment as well as communications in person and by telephone or other means.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.