Director, Consumer Insights (Client)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. Our relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Do you have a passion for crafting and delivering amazing insights that produce impactful business outcomes? Do you seek out challenging work that will flex your intellectual muscles? If you do and you like to collaborate with similar minded people, the Global Consumer Insights team has an immediate opening for a Director of Consumer Insights (Client focused)
This person will work closely with financial institution and merchant clients along with the Visa sales and consulting organizations. As part of the Global Consumer Insights team, the Director – Client Insights will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining consultative-based relationships with partners across designated business lines. You will work with businesses to identify opportunities for growth within a consumers’ wallet and present emerging consumer spending behavioral trends that support business development while strengthening relationships with key external clients. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, curious, analytical and creative in their thinking; and must have an expert level of knowledge of market research, analysis and insight generation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Consumer Behavior, Psychology, Marketing, or Statistics required
- 10 years of work experience in a fast moving environment working in a market research capacity or business analytics, or related.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA)
- Prior market research and insights experience, including experience in business or marketing analytics, measurements
- Prior experience with SAS, SPSS, SQL, Tableau or R preferred.
- You are a strong analytic thinker with solid critical thinking and consulting skills. The successful candidate will have:
- You have 8+ years experience leading and managing large market research tracking programs, as well as managing primary quantitative and qualitative market research at a large global organization or with a leading, global respected market research agency. (prefer a blend of client and vendor side experience)
- Background in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
- Expertly capable of analyzing and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative information, with a demonstrated success in using research to drive insights and strategic implications that lead to business decisions
- Ability to transition easily from a technical research perspective to practical business considerations
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present with impact; must have the ability to translate complex analyses into easily digestible stories for senior management consumption; Must be fluent in English
- Must be organized, proactive, curious, as well as detailed, service, and solution oriented looking for ways to contribute added value; Possess strong planning, problem solving, teamwork and relationship-building skills
- You will work closely with the vendor in management of the Payment Panel (Visa’s consumer spending tracking program) and Simmons National Consumer Survey data to monitor quality, performance and delivery of key commitments, manage budgets and timelines.
- In partnership with the vendor, you will perform tasks on sample and quota management, surveys and change control logs, data governance, system infrastructure for the Payment Panel.
- You will create, propose and implement high-impact Payment Panel improvement recommendations
- Extract actionable business insights from Simmons and the Payment Panel by synthesizing from both platforms to identify spending behavior and psychographic trends to build deliverables that clearly communicate the findings and recommendations
- Independently use a consultative approach with senior business partners and provide consumer insights that add value to financial institutions and merchants and enhance Visa’s sales efforts by leveraging the behavioral data from the Payment Panel and other sources of data (primary, secondary and syndicated research)
- Present insights POVs to internal audiences and externally to key financial institution and merchant clients throughout the US and Canada on a quarterly basis
- Build and maintain relationships with internal business partners, including marketing, sales, consulting and product innovation
- Act as the thought leader for the sales and consulting areas by leveraging the Payment Panel and bringing to bear third party industry and internal knowledge across studies on key business issues/topics
- Lead qualitative and quantitative research projects for internal business partners and clients as needed, including the lead on Mystery Shop research
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Candidate must be able to work with resources located in different time zones and accommodate conference calls outside of normal working hours on a weekly basis
Travel Requirements: The incumbent may be required to travel up to 10%
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law