Senior Account Executive - Regional Segment (East Coast)
- Wilmington, DE, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This Senior Account Executive role is an Executive Sales opportunity within the US Financial Institutional Sales function in the Regional segment. This role is responsible for managing a portfolio of clients in the Eastern region (EST time zone), for both Visa-branded and DPS-processed clients. This role will develop account strategies to increase revenues from existing accounts and win new business. This role is responsible for ensuring implementation of annual goals and plans. Qualified candidates will show an ability to build relationships internally and to excel while managing the portfolio of clients. This Senior Account Executive portfolio will be comprised of approximately 10-12 clients, the majority of which will be Top 100 issuers. Ability to manage a portfolio of Regional Issuers including high volume and highly visible clients.
Can be based in Wilmington, NYC, Charlotte office. Telecommute-East Coast will be considered.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work alongside team members and enable them for success both in the Regional Account team and elsewhere at Visa
- Demonstrated ability to lead Client negotiation with no management assistance
- Ability to independently fully lead on-site Client visits with various Client stakeholders/consultants
- Develop and execute customized account plans to increase sales volume, revenue and market share within the portfolio
- Create and expand existing relationship/partnerships through cross sales and revenue generating opportunities
- Confidently engage with C-level Client contacts and their respective board members
- Demonstrated DPS product expertise and ability to lead DPS sales efforts (in collaboration with the DPS sales team) from lead sourcing to implementation and ongoing Account leadership for Processing clients.
- Support non-traditional Clients such as Fin Tech players or sponsors
- Coordinate and host various Client / Partner events (Innovation Center, seminars, webinars)
- Highly visible member of the team (participates in meetings, leads meetings, internal adviser and resource)
- Ensure implementation and completion of annual goals and plans
- Actively participate in and lead various ad-hoc internal projects
- Assist marketing and product development in launching new products or expanding the penetration of existing products within current and new accounts
- Lead by Example both within the Regional Account team as well as all of Financial Institution Sales and Visa overall
- Actively seeks to provide training and leadership throughout the Financial Institution Sales organization
- Assist in the on-boarding of new employees with a focus on career development/job progression
- Adept at challenging the status quo, explores new ways to conduct our business; implements these ideas on behalf of entire team
- Actively seek ways to expand the scope of the role within and outside of Visa
- Represent Visa at industry meetings and trade shows and generate and lead external speaking engagements
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Possesses significant functional and industry experience and expertise; expected to be subject matter expert in multiple specific skills sets, business areas, or products.
- Willingness to learn and execute effective sales strategies for new payment products and services
- Ability to develop, lead and close complex competitive sales efforts
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives with efficiency, professionalism and with demonstrated trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence and ability to effectively create and deliver presentations to all audiences up to the executive levels
- Ability to strategically lead internal and external resources and nurture cross functional relationships
- Ability to negotiate business agreements and enhance existing and new relationships
- Demonstrated understanding of financial indicators to measure business performance and an ability to summarize business and financial data in a useful manner for decision making
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Location: Can be based in Wilmington, NYC, or Charlotte office. Telecommute-East Coast will be considered.
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel: Incumbent must be able to travel up to 30%
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEOC: Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.