Senior Analyst Operations Support
- Sandton, South Africa
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for
everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services to join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Ensure a high quality of accounting accuracy, timeliness of reporting and compliance to corporate policies, GAAP, SEC and SOX requirements, ensuring consistent Accounting treatment in line with Global policies.
- Assess and report on financial and non-financial impact of global changes to accounting policies, processes and other procedures applicable for Controllership and the SSA Region.
- Ensure transactions are captured, recorded, summarized and reported in compliance with policies & procedures, US GAAPs, IFRS, as well as statutory, local corporate and tax requirements (as applicable), as well as the requirements of the regional hubs.
- Conduct risk assessments of key business processes to identify weaknesses and implement Controls plans to mitigate against the risk identified.
- Support and assist the SSA Controllership team to obtain, review, analyze and communicate financial and non-financial data and reports.
- Work closely with business project managers, Legal and Compliance teams, advising them and providing the necessary guidance to assist in the efficient planning, and execution of business projects/ transactions, while ensuring compliance to necessary Visa policy and procedures.
- Analyze executed business transactions to detect anomalies and non-compliances.
- Work with other supporting functions to investigate report and assist the business units to remediate issues and implement effective controls to avoid re-occurrence.
- Design and implement tools and other aids to assist business compliance to policy and procedures as well as raise control awareness.
- Perform training on key policies and procedures, in order to drive a stronger control culture and improve the controls environment.
- Draft and propose process changes to enhance internal controls, compliance to policies and procedures, data quality and stream line process flows.
- Review, evaluate and provide input into the design of global policies procedures
- Drive efficiency through identifying opportunities for automation of business processes while leveraging available systems to source the required data.
- Work closely with business departments, to lead them on implementation of policies and procedures to drive controls compliance and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Execute ad-hoc projects and initiatives in a timely manner, as well as participation in global projects and initiatives.
- Meet deadlines for monthly, quarterly and annual financial close. Quality of accounting records – compliant with corporate policies, GAAP, SEC and SOX. Accurate accounting of transactions – leading to minimum accounting adjustments/errors.
- Ensure completeness of receiving and accruals for projects and other expenses.
- Reduction in the number of policy and other control exceptions,
- Be a role model to demonstrate efficient execution, innovation.
- Good understanding of process work flow to define/solve problems and issues.
- Lead and operate with minimal supervision and make decisions based on acquired skills and knowledge.
- Effective communication, verbal and written, with stakeholders to ensure consistent application of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills to drive various projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Effective Internal Controls ratings from Internal Audit and other internal assurance providers
- Timely resolution and Non-recurrence of audit issues.
- Timely and effective implementation of assigned projects/duties.
- Honors Degree in Accounting from a recognized University.
- Professional qualifications would be advantageous, CA(SA), CIMA, as well as Internal Audit and Risk Management related.
- Minimum 10 years of combined experience in accounting, internal Audit and risk management, with related experience ideally in a global multi-national publicly traded company, operating in complex regulatory environments with a high focus on compliance, governance and internal control.
- Advanced Excel, Power Point and MS Visio Skills
- Strong technical accounting skills, and experience researching and documenting Accounting and Internal Control best practices and processes
- Knowledge and experience in application of COSO Internal controls and Financial Risk management best practices
- Ability to design process flows, and draft policy and procedures
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Oracle, Ariba, Hyperion and other related tools
• Strong business ethics
• Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple priorities
• Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
•Strong Problem Solver/ Solution orientated thinker