Staff Release Engineer
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
This position is for a Staff Release Engineer in the Cybersecurity team who will focus on developing Release automation framework for Cybersecurity tools and services. Are you interested to be part of world class Information Security team and work with Security technologies experts to help improve the product security as early in the product development as possible, be it Threat-modelling, static code analysis? Do you like to solve complex security tools automation problems and work with world class security experts?
You'll need to have excellent communication and cross-group collaboration skills, be able to make forward progress despite ambiguous circumstances, be a self-starter, a quick learner of new technologies and have experience in product security such as secure application design, static code analysis and web application vulnerabilities. You will be a critical part of the core security engineering team for a high-performance product security automation framework development.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 8-10 years of experience with Bachelor's degree or 5-7 years of experience with Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience on Release Management.
- 1+ years of experience working on CI/CD.
- 1+ years of experience working on Docker Containers.
- Strong Java Programming Skills.
- Experience working in an agile (scrum) software development team
- Hands on experience in working with SQL queries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, fanatical attention to detail and curiosity.
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast moving startup environment
- Ensure that when we create a release branch, a full regression test of that branch passes within a 4 – 8 hrs.
- Put tools/processes in place to ensure when integration build breaks an existing feature, that team member is notified and the issue can be addressed immediately
- Familiar with CI/CD Automation and capable of designing CI Automation as needed using Jenkins
- Work with our team to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments. This may include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc.
- Help team achieve goal on improving the quality and reliability of our products.
- Manage cross-functional internal and external team collaboration, evangelization, and communications
- Develop and optimize processes to improve software development efficiency in the consumption of security development practices
- Maintain active understanding of industry practices for secure software development and incident response
· Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
· This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.