Product Manager, DPS Products
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa DPS is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Product Manager to focus on defining and executing strategies to provide host processing and other value-added services to our clients, which include top financial institutions and non-traditional fintech operators. The Product Manager will work closely with a broad set of cross-functional counterparts to build, iterate and refine new issuer processing solutions.
The ability to ideate solutions for client business objectives, develop requirements, and launch them effectively is a key factor to success in this role. The ideal person for this role should have a passion for technology and payments, a strong product and technical background, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to drive results while working independently within a complex environment. The position also calls for a proven ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams while building strong relationships.
The Product Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the DPS team’s product development strategy, roadmap and enhancement prioritization across DPS Product lines. Review new Visa Product development initiatives for impacts and opportunities on DPS product lines.
- Lead product development projects by writing clear, thorough and detailed business cases, business and functional requirements, process flows, and go-to-market plans.
- Balance technical and business acumen to communicate solution feasibility, which drives the biggest impact on the business and value to our customers
- Collaborate with multiple external and internal stakeholders including clients, partners, vendors, sales, development, application support, quality assurance, account management, implementations, certification, risk and training to effectively build, launch, commercialize and communicate new services and product features.
- Develop subject matter expertise, take ownership of products and services on specific feature sets used across product lines and collaborate with other teams to optimize product operations.
- Combine business and technical acumen with excellent communication skills to clearly understand and articulate the value of enhancements to key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate leadership principles by communicating openly, collaborating effectively, enabling and inspiring others, and excelling with partners.
- Provide status, action plans and recommendations to senior leadership on an ongoing basis.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years of work experience with an advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD.
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- 3+ years of issuer processing, product management or product development experience in the financial services industry, including prior experience writing business/functional requirements.
- 3+ years of experience in the payments industry (prepaid, debit, credit, fintech, network processing, issuer processing, acquiring, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to create complete, concise business and functional requirements including experience with use cases, report and screen mock-ups, APIs, and cross-functional requirements.
- Highly motivated team member who easily cultivates effective relationships with all levels of the organization, clients and partners to accomplish shared business priorities.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills who can effectively work with client, internal partners and external vendors on strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a complex and technical organization to determine business and customer needs and to build technical solutions to meet those needs.
- Creative problem solving skills with the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a complex environment.
- Experience with both waterfall and agile (SAFe) product development methodology preferred.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Power Point, Visio, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong technical aptitude desired.
- Team-oriented with a willingness to learn from co-workers.
Location: Highlands Ranch. Relocation Assistance will not be offered.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the US is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work. Typical travel would be 5% to 10% of the time.
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms.
EEO: Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.