Senior Business Analyst (REF25043Z) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
In this role, you will be responsible for data analytics to implement and deliver advanced visualization solutions. You will get chance to leverage your business acumen, programming skills, technical knowledge of data, and analytics. The candidate will be a Hands-On Project Analyst and Innovation agent experienced in Data Analysis and Data Visualization with domain experience in the Business Intelligence and project management space.
The ideal candidate brings a strong project execution background, self-organized Project Analyst with experience in Java, Python, NO SQL DB technologies. You have strong technical leadership and problem-solving abilities. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything. An ideal candidate would be someone who has full life cycle experience of Framing problem, data collection, processing and Analysis and a great communicator both verbal and in writing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support Digital Developer Platform portfolio management function by providing consultation and assistance to PMO teams and workforce plan lead towards effective management of programs and projects metrics based on the best practices established in the PMO's playbook, Visa's methodologies, and industry standards.
- Extract, combine and transform raw data from various source systems to present meaningful insights for management decisions.
- Collect, analyze and report on metrics to demonstrate progress of projects and programs against their planned goals and deliverables
- Present portfolio data in tools such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SharePoint, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Continuously identify and implement improvements that benefit projects, programs and teams.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
- Manage through influence, but without direct management authority. Use capabilities to influence customers and stakeholders, and properly manage divergent expectations.
- Embrace teamwork while promoting an environment of diversity and inclusion.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA) a plus.
- 3-7 years of proven experience in project/program management.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with strong time management with sense of urgency and ability to execute on multiple concurrent deliverables.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE), Certified Scrum Master and/or PMP certification, Lean Six Sigma, or similar certification a plus.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving; ability to think strategically.
- High Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel is a must. Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is a plus.
- Experience with SQL for extracting and aggregating data
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau, Power BI or other programs
- Prior experience working with the following tools is a plus (Clarity, Rally, SQL, Access, Tableau).
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.