Managed Risk Analyst
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for an energetic manager to join our India South Asia Risk team.
The Visa Risk Services team in India South Asia market, partners with internal and external stakeholders for championing security in the markets and maintaining the integrity of the digital payments ecosystem. Reporting to Visa’s Regional Risk Officer, the Visa risk services team is responsible for strategic risk management for the business, credit settlement risk, brand protection, fraud management and data security across South Asia market.
Reporting to the South Asia Risk Officer, as a manager in the risk team, you will be a critical partner to the business, providing pragmatic solutions oriented advice to support Visa clients to track their fraud performance, evaluate risks, implement processes for enhance cyber, IT and process controls.
What a Manager, Risk Services does at Visa:
As a global payments network, Visa works with regulators, industry associations, clients, merchants, third party processors etc to implement best practices in security and risk management designed as per legal, regulatory, credit, operational and market risks across our business.
You will be responsible for supporting the risk team in ongoing engagement with the Visa India key stakeholders to manage client risks, monitoring of the fraud trends in the market, working out client specific solutions/ suggestions in consultation across India, Sri Lanka and South Asia offices, Visa’s Mumbai as well as Singapore’s regional Asia Pacific hub functions and Global teams.
The key activities that you will do will involve the following
- Develop and execute comprehensive risk plans that is consistent with local market landscape, country priorities and global risk strategy.
- Execute both internal and external risk management programs
- Promote & support client adoption of Visa risk products / solutions / initiatives
- Identify new, creative methods to reduce and mitigate payment system risk, fraud and cardholder data security risks.
- Convey risk-related trends and developments to local country manager and leadership team through regular reporting
- Synthesize marketplace feedback regarding the effectiveness of Visa’s risk management strategy and programs; benchmark Visa’s performance relative to other payment networks and participants.
- Manage relationships with issuers, acquirers, merchants, payment processors, service providers, regulators and law enforcement to: and guide clients through payment innovation complexity and risks associated
- Lead investigations into and containment of external data compromises by harnessing payment intelligence leads and fraud solutions to proactively identify and contain high-profile data breaches and major fraud events.
- Analyze compromised network topologies, summarize forensic reports and recommend course of action.
- Work with Visa Consulting teams to implement robust cyber security programs in the market
Why this is important to Visa
This role is critical in sustaining Visa’s thought leadership and efforts in risk and security space as the fraudsters get more and more sophisticated. As a manager in risk team you will play a key role in helping our clients combat the frauds.
Visa operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and it is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. For each of the past seven years, Visa has been voted one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” by Ethisphere Institute, and recognized as one of the top brands globally by several independent brand benchmarking organizations.
What you will need:
- You will have an undergraduate degree or relevant experience in risk management, information security or computer forensics
- You will have at least 8 years of experience as a payment, risk or security professional with a financial institution, merchant or payments company
- You will have a background in information security, computer forensics, fraud investigations and data analytics
- You will have a solid understanding of payment technologies and risk and frauds in card payments including cyber threats and emerging threat vectors in the payments landscape
- You will have demonstrated aptitude to work in a collaboratively fashion to identify new ways to approach common risk and data security problems
- Experience in managing product risks and working with Visa teams to advise clients in implementing risk mitigation strategies, policies and solutions
- Professional accreditation a plus – CISSP, CISA, CISM, QSA/PFI, ISA or other relevant certifications
What will also help:
- You should be well versed with local regulations and guidelines related to risk management for cards, networks, financial institutions and other industry stakeholders
- You should possess a high level of self-motivation, initiative and operate effectively as a team player
- You should have Excellent written, verbal communications skills and ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations
- You should be capable of leading meetings, delivering presentations and comfortably interacting with all levels of Visa management
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously
- You should be flexible to travel domestically and internationally sometimes at short notice.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.