Senior Director, Data Science, VCA - Greater China
- Shanghai, China
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As part of the Visa’s Asia Pacific Consulting Practice, VCA applies deep expertise in the credit card industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. We drive tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa's clients, including card issuers, acquirers, and merchants. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as analytics, credit card product development, risk management, marketing, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments, among others, and solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
What a Senior Director, Data Science does at Visa
- Recruiting, developing, and retaining a strong data science team
- Leveraging data science to unlock the value of Visa’s unique data
- Driving a robust R&D agenda to identify and monetize opportunities
- Making complex modeling approaches accessible to lay audiences
- Partnering with our internal and external teams to identify trends in our projects that indicate potential for new models and driving POCs of a variety of potential models to prioritize those we should fully build out
- Providing input to the Product Management and Technology teams who are building out the roadmap for our technical capabilities in building and deploying models
- Continually looking at the environment to challenge our assumptions and innovate on new sources of data, tools, talent, potential partners, etc.
What you will need:
- Proven experience building, leading, and inspiring a high-performing team of predictive modelers. Operate as a thought leader and people leader.
- Experience with advanced techniques and emerging approaches to data and decision science.
- Strong consultative skills to establish relationships across the broader organization and clients and related stakeholders
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both business and technology leaders, with a depth understanding of business data requirements and technology capabilities and an ability to make technical concepts accessible to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to influence management and build consensus
- Minimum 15-18 years’ experience in building and delivering financial solutions
- Strong solution experience on AI, machine learning and financial modeling
- Experience leading and growing a modeling team in fast-paced environment
- Experience in financial services, preferably in payments or ecommerce
- Strong innovation for new technology, prefer candidate who has startup experience in Data Analytic field
- Experience with greater China market and financial institutions, prefer candidates who have existing relationships
- Strong project management and pipeline management with solution sales experience
- Fluent Mandarin speaker requiered