Sr Software Engineer (REF24752S) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, United States
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Our UI components are used by several thousand merchants and millions of customers worldwide. Qualified candidate should have a quality first mindset, understanding clean code and clean architecture best practices and have a proven track record of developing high quality, bug-free code
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Strong understanding of semantic HTML web markup & CSS
- Familiar with TDD practices. Comfortable with Jest, Jasmine, Cypress, Webdriver.io, and other automation frameworks to develop and keep the test suite up to date.
- Experience with asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and REST APIs with AJAX
- Familiarity with front-end build/publish tools, such as npm. Grunt/Gulp.js, Webpack, browserify.js
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT. Have a collaborative mindset and put the team goals first
- Familiarity with Java and Apache Tomcat is a plus
- B.S/M.S in Computer Science or related field with 3 to 5 years of professional experience
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.