Sr. Software Engineer, CAS Product Development
- Austin, TX, USA
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of our Clearing and Settlement Product Development Team (in Network Processing) to help design, enhance and build our Edit Package application. You will work with colleagues closely in order to create design documents, code, test, and implement new features, as well as modifications, and corrections to existing software. In this role, you will provide technology leadership in development of Business Enhancement projects by helping to drive project planning, estimation, and technology planning.
- Work with stakeholders (business/product) and the architecture and consulting group to develop and refine technical specifications
- Establish a working relationship with other groups across the organization to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high-quality product that meets technical requirements
- Clearly communicate to management on the status of projects or other issues
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plan
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Knowledge of functional programming languages like C++/C# (preferred), GoLang, Scala, Erlang, Haskell, Clojure, or the ability to learn them quickly
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a big plus
- Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
- Experience with operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage and networking protocols
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with financial services or payments processing domain is a big plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10 % of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office set10ting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law