Financial Analyst - Client Incentives
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
- Analyze newly executed incentive contract terms to assess Visa's contractual obligations and determine appropriate accounting treatment
- Review proforma and Accounting Treatment form to ensure accuracy of contract interpretation and application of Visa's accounting policy respectively
- Prepare monthly estimated amortization and payment schedules per contract terms and Visa's Accounting Policy
- Create excel and system models to determine contractual commitments per the terms of the contract, ensuring that all key obligations have been accurately addressed
- Review on-going contract performance and update future performance /amortization schedules, as needed
- Review contractual payments per terms of acceptance contracts. Liaison with
- Sales, Legal and clients to determine the fulfillment of contractual obligations.
- Assist in the resolution of related issues and discrepancies
- Analyze and explain the variances between forecasted and actual contractual commitments and prepare the necessary adjustments
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 - 5 years of relevant working experience
- Bachelor in Accounting
- CPA preferred but not required
- Audit or statistical reporting experience desirable
- Extremely detail oriented, conscientious, thorough and accurate
- Candidate must be self-motivated, ability to function well independently as well as in a team, and comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Candidate must be highly organized and attentive to detail
- Candidate will interact with various levels of management across the organization as well as with external clients.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are required as cross-functional projects occur on a regular basis
- Strong business analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, diplomacy, and a very upbeat customer-service attitude are essential
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Access and possess advanced Excel skills
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.