MBA Intern - Global Reputation & Public Affairs
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position may be based in either San Francisco or Foster City, CA offices
As part of the company’s Global Communication organization, the Global Reputation and Public Affairs team serves as stewards of Visa’s reputation in order to enhance trust, as well as protect Visa’s license to operate, innovate, grow and lead.
As part of Visa’s Global Reputation and Public Affairs team, you will support strategic projects to help enhance trust in Visa around the world, including:
- Develop communication strategies and narratives that support Visa’s license to innovate.
- Spearhead research to inform and drive Visa’s global stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Support work to benchmark and track Visa’s global reputation; leveraging that data to find new opportunities and potential challenges.
- Contribute to programs that drive the company’s thought leadership platforms, with a focus on research, as well as writing and narrative development.
- Develop and drive a distinct project that fits with the team’s goals and drive full execution of the project before the end of the internship.
- undergraduate degree in a business relevant field
- Pursuing a Master’s of Business Administration graduating in the Spring of 2021.
- Strong research and writing skills with experience in narrative development.
- Highly motivated, driven and resourceful as demonstrated through education and professional experiences.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and follows through to completion.
- Excellent project management skills, organization and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strength in collaborating with others, innovating and always looking to do things better.
- Demonstrates track record of developing leadership skills through a combination of academic, career experience, or extra-curricular activities.
- 3-5 years of professional experience (prior to MBA) that demonstrates an interest in communications, reputation or public affairs.
- Except in exceptional circumstances, candidates who will require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.